twenty-one

"are you pregnant?" asked vinnie.

"excuse me?" she was definitely offended. "we just came from dinner. obviously im bloated-"

"are you pregnant?" asked vinnie.

"vinnie, why would you ask that?"

he got up from the bed and paced around. "when was your last period? youre crazy emotional right now. like when you were pregnant, you cried about everything!"

"im supposed to get in like in a couple days, im pmsing!"

"okay." he said calming down his breathing. "do you have a pregnancy test?"

"vinnie! you're paranoid stop!"

"okay! prove me wrong. do you have a pregnancy test?"

"no. vinnie, ive only had sex with you why would i have a pregnancy test here?"

"i dont know. im ordering one to get here." said vinnie grabbing his phone. "fuck, no delivery until the morning. ill just go now." he said grabbing his car keys.

"vincent! enough. its late, youre not driving to a pharmacy for paparazzi to catch you."

"elle, i will not be able to sleep feeling like im uncertain."

"vinnie...sleep here, in the morning order it while you take jane to dchool im sure its all in your head but ill provide you with peace of mind." said elle.

***

"daddy! i see something pink."

"is it...that billboard?" asked vinnie.

"yes!" she giggled as they drove to school. "i see...something brown."

"hmm the trees." he said turning towards the school.

"no."

"the building?"

"no!" she gigged as he parked the car. "was that your last guess?"

he unbuckled her from her small seat and put her onto the ground as he walked her into the building.

"well, i guess it is my last guess." he said adjusting his cap, he was really becoming a dad with his outfits. he underestimated the power of a sports car and dad shoes when he didnt have jane. "what was it?"

"your eyes." she said.

"my eyes are brown. theyre like hazel."

"is that what mommy tells you?"

"janelle your funny." he said before dropping her off at her classroom.

"im so happy i got mommys eyes." she said. "but i love your eyes too daddy."

"compliment sandwich. i love you girly. you behave and be good, after school you have...dance."

"cheer!" she scoffed.

"cheer! sorry, theyre all similar. i love you."