twenty-three

"youre both late." signed isabelles agent. today was a huge day, but it happened like every month.

because vinnie and isabelle tried to run in the same schedule so that they could spend time with jane, they also shared meetings.

"yea sorry we had a daughter to take to school." said vinnie sitting in his chair.

vinnie hated jack. jack was isabelles modeling agent. yea, jack had incredible connections but jack was a piece of shit. he wasnt very constructive and kind of just tore isabelle apart. of course, there was a success rate financially but he prefered isabelle to be mentally drained and skinny. he wouldnt let isabelle eat at times, overworked her, cursed at her, etc.

"its 10 in the morning. jane goes into class at 8. what took so long?"

"elle wanted extra rest. i dont know if you are all aware but elle was in the hospital around 4 days ago."

"of course we know. isabelle, what happened at that photoshoot?"

"i think i was just malnourished." said isabelle shrugging.

"with the diet i sent you? it was perfectly made to keep you in shape for that day—do you know how much money you costed us leaving that photoshoot? there were supposed to be at least 10 solid headliners, they got 7." said jack.

"thats such a nice way of saying ; how are you feeling." said vinnie sarcastically. "i contacted gq. they said to bring her in when she felt ready—the campaign isnt released till may. and even then they liked her so much theyll work with 7."

"didnt know you hired an attorney." scoffed jack filing through paperwork.

"one of my many occupations—do you also need a secretary, we use computers for all that paper."

the other parts of their team laughed, they knew vinnie didnt like jack but they saw it as humorous.

"okay, vinnie, how many pieces do you want for the exclusive drop?"

"maybe 700? not over 1,000. it needs to be exclusive."

"okay, and just to double check—youre okay with that commercial we mentioned on friday, fitting on sunday, charity event tuesday, thursday business party."

"yes maam." he said to sloane.

"and elle, when do you want to meet with thé dietician again? just you know for updates." said her manager, her name was taylor—biggest sweetheart ever. "do you think you need it? you look great. like youre glowing."

"yes. whenever she can." said jack.

"im not going to." said elle.

"excuse me?"

"im not going to the dietician. unless he puts me on a healthy diet."

"define healthy." said jack.

"like protein not leaves. im a human not a rabit."

"that mentality isnt getting you into the criteria for new york fashion week."

"im not getting into new york fashion week either." said isabelle. "look, im good on money and traveling. im okay with going but im not gonna be starving myself for another month to walk on a runway. i can do it again later."

"goodness." laughed jack.

"what about that makeup ad? are you okay with that?" asked taylor.

"yea. id actually love to do that." said elle looking at vinnie, he knew she felt unsafe and it was comforting. "also, id like to cancel going to miami swim week."

"holy fuck! what got into you today? or the last days? are you on drugs?" said jack, he slammed his fists into the table.

vinnie was about to say something but elle looked at him to relax. "jack, i cant do swim week."

"jack, shes done a million swim weeks its fine-" stated taylor.

"oh im sorry, are you her agent?" said jack. "what is up with you isabelle? you pass out, you go to the hospital, look ive seen models do it all with the worst genetics, you have a perfect structure and you reject all these requests—"

"im pregnant." said elle. the room went completely silent for maybe 30 seconds to a minute. she could hide it from the public but definitely not from her team, they needed to know.

"youre lying." said janna, her publicist.

"im not." said elle.

"vinnie youre not shocked?" asked taylor.

"not anymore."

"are you happy? can i hug you?" asked janna.

"of course." said elle and walked over to janna to give her a hug. "well, im scared. but i understand its a blessing. and i know the love i have for jane and i know it will be the same for this little one."

"oh my god! have you told jane that your pregnant?" asked taylor also giving her a hug.

"no, not yet. im not sure how to."

"how far along! oh my god elle your killing me!" said janna.

"are we not going to ask who the father is?" asked jack. "have you just been opening you legs to a random man?"

"i wouldnt call myself random." said vinnie. if the room was silent when elle said she wa pregnant, everyone except elles eyes widened. up until sloane couldnt contain her excitement and ran to gave elle a hug, and from there everyone let the excitement kick in until there was a loud drop in the room?"

"is everyone fucking serious?" said jack.

"jack. shut the fuck up. dont ruin this moment for anyone." said vinnie.

"you probably did this on purpose! you wanted the public relation! you did this on purpose. are you stupid? are both of you stupid? youre not even dating!"

"okay, howd this happen?" asked sloane still excited.

"um...we were in paris. were not back together for the record, but we cant just throw this moment away. we both are on board." said isabelle.

"god, everyone forget about these two—i cant imagine the media."

"you dont have to." said isabelle, finally sick of it. "youre fired. effective immediately fired, i want you out of here by 5 pm or ill throw you shit out."

"you cant fire me, who else will get yoi these connections?"

"myself. i dont know if youve realized but im a pretty big deal." said isabelle. jack stormex out like a child but everyone was extremely happy about it.

"youre kind of sexy when you put your foot down." smirked vinnie.

"dont get any ideas, im already pregnant."