fifteen

---5 years later ---

"okay girly, flowers or polkadots?" he said showing his daughter sitting on her bed.

"pink." she said, neither dress was pink.

"theres no more pink, theres more options though. come on, it's your first picture day, your mom will not be happy if i dress you bad."

"yellow." she said pointing to a pale yellow dress in her closet. "and the hat." she pointed at a hat that was also in her closet.

"nice vision." he smiled and proceeded to get her dressed. "you cant take the hat to school though, just right now."

"daddy can you straighten my hair?" she asked and they went into the bathroom

"no. your curls are gorgeous, youre beautiful my love." he said finishing up putting sunscreen on her. "youre already getting too big."

"you always say that."

"i always think it." he laughed picking her up. "okay, so what if we get starbucks for breakfast?"

"sounds like a plan." she grinned and he smiled at her cuteness.

he didnt let her have caffeine but he would let her try, or get like a box in a starbucks cup to let her feel the experience.

"thank you." she said as he handed her her drink and crossaint. "yummy."

"your welcome." he said driving towards her school.

"daddy mommy told me to tell you about the meeting."

"yes, ill be there." he said, it was a school meeting about the new protocols and rules and whatever. it was in an hour or two.

"she said you were going to forget."

he did forget, but he had it somewhere written down, probably with his assistant. "she's funny."

"then im funny. im just like my mommy."

"yes. yes you are." he said as he unbuckled her car seat and walked her into class. he remembers the first day she was taken to kindergarten she cried in the car, at home, in the hallway, she was terrified and nervous. she wouldnt let go of her dads leg, and her mom would want to cry too.

it took a lot of strength in vinnie to not pick her up and take her home but 1. both parents worked 2. they wanted her to have an education. but slowly she started getting less nervous and became a more social butterfly, now when he dropped her off, she didn't cry.