fourteen

"hey girls." he smiled coming into the kitchen, still shirtless and messy haired. "hi cutie." he had no shame in his voice change when talking to jane. i handed her to him and he rocked her slightly.

i wasn't really hungry this morning, weirdly enough i don't have an appetite when i feel upset. but i made sure to make him breakfast. no matter how much certain things could hurt me it never tore my love. the love for my family, i was in love with the idea of jane having the perfect life.

"i made you breakfast." i said to vinnie putting him plate on the table.

"thanks." he nodded and sat down with jane in an arm.

"im gonna shower, is that okay? like can you take care of her while i do?"

"shes my daughter?" he said in a bitchy tone. i took a deep breath and walked to our room.

looking around the home we have makes me have patience. its beautiful, no part of me wants to mess that up that one day jane is gonna be a little older learning to walk in these halls, and more milestones to go.

i hoped in the shower and enjoyed the feeling of relaxing for a while.

i got out of the shower and into our shared walk in closet.

"hey stranger." he chuckled also being in the closet. we were very different people, even in the way our habits were. he'd pick his outfit—then shower. i would shower—then pick my outfit.

i just looked through my closet. "wheres j?"

"napping." he said leaning against the closet door on his side. "so what? you're still mad?"

"im not mad." i said grabbing a bodysuit and jeans. i didn't give a fuck id he saw me change. i put on the bodysuit.

"well you seem like it isabelle." he chuckled and grabbed my waist from behind and kissed my neck. "loosen up."

i could be less in the mood in the moment. i wanted to do my hair and make up and skin care. it relaxed me.

"vinnie." i groaned and slipped out of his hold.

"jesus christ." he rolled his eyes and just walked into the bathroom. "i'm sick of your bitch attitude."

"because i dont wanna fuck you im a bitch?" i scoffed.

"because you're acting like one in general. you hardly look me in the eyes, you hardly have given me a decent conversation, because why? because you're mad? im your boyfriend, im the father to our daughter, communicate to me." he was upset, he hardly looked at her and turned on the water.

"well then start fucking acting like it." she said tying her hair back in a soft ponytail to be able to start her skincare.

"fuck did you say?" he said taking his pajama pants on leaving him in boxers.

it was a sight to see. they could be some of the most attractive people alive but the argument made them forget.

"vinnie—see! you're literally bitching at me looking at my ass?"

"oh, honey, im so sorry." he said sarcastically. "sorry for staring at your ass while its literally facing me! next time ill make sure to look at the back of your neck because you know its not like you're giving me confrontation to whatever the fuck is bothering you. to act like im your boyfriend? or like we dont have a daughter together?"

she just breathed in deeply. yea her communication wasn't the best. but sometimes communication was not necessary in order to realize mistakes.

her eyes just filled with tears at her lack of knowing how to express herself.

"elle." he said getting closer to her. "talk to me baby, i don't want you to cry." he rubbed her shoulder.

the baby monitor went off and she sighed and tears fell from her eyes.

"shes okay." he said hugging her from behind. "i love you elle. i'll never stop loving you."

she let go of his grip. "what about valuing?"