twenty

"welcome to bff podcast! i have i think the most famous guests on tonight but theyre been here before. ladies and gentlemen, vinnie hacker and miss isabelle garcia." said josh and clapped. "for those who don't know we all go wayyyy back. vinnie and i met in like maybe 2020, and i met isa around that same time. and now vinnie like owns the united states and isa is donatella versace."

they both laughed. "i missed you buddy." said josh.

"yea, they used to dance shirtless and do that eye roll-back thing."

"and you ate it up." teased vinnie back.

"for anyone whos unaware : vinnie and isa dated for..how long?"

"um...total of 4 years." said isa.

"and you guys met around when vinnie and i met—wait how did you guys meet?"

"it was really casual like we don't have a creative story or anything. we met at the hype house—huge thing at its time obviously, and i got introduced to her: we hit it off really fast."

"and then you guys dated for a year then..you guys already told me off camera i could ask whatever i wanted. how many times have you gotten back together?"

"shit. i want to say twice. nothing insane! i saw on twitter someone calling us the new kourtney and scott." she laughed.

"the world wants to see it happen a third time." chuckled josh. "besides just being two very successful people, you guys have a really cute daughter. does she know like her parents are vinnie hacker and isabelle garcia?"

"we just got back from paris like a month ago and i think there she picked up on it. she realizes like if we go to lunch or shopping that theres people who ask for pictures or paparazzi but she knows no other life. she also went to her first big event which was isa's fashion show." said vinnie.

"congratulations by the way. i heard great things."

"thank you, im honored."

"it was really great. but yea id say jane is very humble but shes becoming more aware."

"is she aware that you two arent together?"

"this is something i ask myself all the time." said isa. "i think that she sees us as family but isnt fully aware that we arent married—before school id say she knew we werent together but being in school she sees her friends with married parents and she assumes its the same. we just tell her that mom and dad love her and love our family."

"you guys have possibly the most beautiful little kid on the planet, does she want to model?"

"shes such a diva." sighed vinnie. "im nervous for her future. shes so polite and well mannered but shes also very confident—which i love. yesterday i told her that she looked cute in her pajamas and she looked me dead in the eyes with the biggest bitch face and said : just cute?"

isa laughed not surprised of her daughters ways.

"elle is laughing because she knows shes like that." said vinnie.

"talking about jane. i want to know : how did you guys find out?"

"okay, i went over to vinnies to talk some things out. and i threw up, and i was just light headed bad and tired. and he told me to stay at his house, and i swore i mustve had a stomach bug. so vinnie pretty much like made me go to a clinic to get antibiotics or help me, and the nurse who gave my exams didn't give us a clear answer but was very motivating—and she didn't realize we werent aware that i was pregnant."

"that sounds...terrifying. and you guys were what? 19? 20?"

"19." said vinnie. "elle was actually 18. of course, it was terrifying and scary but now i look back and i think like my life would be nothing without j." said vinnie.

"jane is worth every hard feeling in the world. id do it all over again."

"you would?" looked over to vinnie to her.

"i mean..yea."

"youd be happy to be pregnant again?" asked josh.

"yea, i mean, personally i dont say this often but id love to have another baby. obviously im not in the time of life with how busy i am but its a dream i have. i even miss being pregnant."

"elle you were gorgeous pregnant. like she glowed differently." said vinnie still admiring her. "and yea i agree with elle, i miss the baby stage and id love to like have a son or another daughter."

"vinnie youre such a girl dad."

"i agree. vinnie needs all girls." said elle.

"i agree too i love raising jane."

***

"she fell asleep?" asked vinnie and isa nodded. prior to the recording of the podcast they picked up jane from school and since the day was nice they took her to play at the beach and a fun dinner at her favorite diner. it was past her bedtime so she was exhausted and knocked out in the backseat.

vinnie parked the car in front of elles house and picked up jane and carried her to her room. "you were right to shower her right after the beach. she can go to bed nice and clean."

"yea, moms know what theyre doing." she nodded and admired jane as vinnie laid her in her bed.

"shes so beautiful. weve done a great job—elle, why are you crying?"

"shes getting so big." said isa and he pulled her in for a hug.

"i know. but its okay, shes growing well." he said. "lets not wake her up." he turned the light off in jane's room and they walked to isa's room where vinnie laid on her bed scrollin through tv shows and she was organizing her closet—her manic action.

"honey, i can hear you sniffling, why are you so sad?" asked vinnie and she went to the bed and laid in his arms. she didnt say anything she just was crying. "youre scaring me elle, whats wrong?"

"im so emotional right now. shes getting so big and shes going to turn 18 before i know it. i dont know how long i have left to hold her like a baby. after today, i kept thinking about how much i miss her as a baby and it got to me that shes growing."

"it gets to me too." he said running his hands through her hair. "its part of life. shes not going to be a baby forever." she just kept crying, elle was never a crier. ever. not even watching bambi. "this isnt because jane is growing up elle i kmow you." he said sitting them up so he could face her.

they stayed quiet for a minute as they stared into nothing. thinking, so many thoughts that none seemed to take over the others.

"are you pregnant?"