eight

"shes growing!" he smiled as i opened the door for him. he came from a business meeting, i rarely got to see him dressed like this. i liked it, he looked hot. not saying it as in i hate that he and i arent together,  but more like my babys dad is hot. meanwhile im here with leggings and a bralette.

vinnie didnt care, i dont know if he was attracted to me. he cared more about my comfortability than if i had my cleavage out in a bralette.

my house was officially or mostly decorated, it took me a minute—but spare me this one, im 17 weeks today. i havent exactly decorated the nursery because i dont know how.

we know we're having a girl which is exciting, though i felt so sure it was a boy.

"she is." i grabbed the bump, now it was obvious, especially in tight things. if i put on a hoodie or loose shirt you wouldn't be able to tell but im really glad to be embracing the bump.

vinnie pretty much has this thing where anytime he can he'll pull me to the couch so he can be nearer to the bump. our height difference didn't give him access to.

"god can you like hurry the process up? im full on baby fever right now." he smiled and leveled his head with my stomach. "so i have news?"

"whats the news?"

"im going to seattle tonight."

"tonight?!" secretly, i hate when vinnies not around. the baby kicks harder when hes not, every little symptom seems to get worse.

"yea, you can come. i want to tell my parents about the baby." he said rubbing my stomach. "hello there" he grinned feeling the kick on his hand. "she knows her dad is here. so were going?"

"yeah when you're not she gets fussy." i groaned. "fuck it, seattle trip. god, do i look pregnant?"

he looked at me a bit confused. "theres a right way to answer this. you are pregnant you know?"

look, im aware vinnies a good looking guy. but today, there's something different. in his energy, the kind where if we were together i would be down the road to getting how i am now, now as in 5 months pregnant.

"vinnie."

"yea, isa, you're pregnant, you look good."

"get off me." i didnt like feeling attracted to him.

"oh shit, my bad." he said getting his head off my lap and i got up. "whats wrong?" those eyes, those lips.

"nothing!" i groaned going into my room.

"isa, what happened?" he took off his blazer and laid it on my bed.

"i feel so fucking lonely lately and you're not helping!" i definitely sound psycho.

"honey, im here for you if you need me-"

"no! like romantically. i miss being hot or going out, im trapped in here all day because this pregnancy is a secret, and you dont get to see that. you can still fuck around and look sexy! i cant."

"so you think i look sexy?"

"fuck you!"

"im fucking with you." he laughed and pulled me onto his leg. "you're beautiful. beyond that, youre sexy youre everything. just because you're pregnant doesnt mean you're not fenomenal. you're still that model, you're perfect. im excited to see baby girl with your genes."

"okay. im sexy?"

"always. lets pack your bag?"

***

"im nervous." i said looking at myself in the mirror.

"dont be. i cant tell, i promise." he reassured me. "lets go the uber is here."

he had both our bags, i had sweats and oversized hoodie. i dont think the bump was too noticeable, the hoodie was huge.

we rode in the uber to the airport which was full, it was really overwhelming. i didnt care of people thought vinnie and i were back together, i was just nervous. i could throw up.

vinnie took care of mostly everything, checked us in , checked our bags in, took care of everything. even past security there was so much people, probably because of the vacations.

"you ok?" he asked.

"anxious." i breathed out. "tired."

"lets find out gate and then sit? babygirl giving you a hard time?" he put his arm around my shoulder.

"yeah, my back is killing me."

***

the plane ride and the rest wasnt too bad. we stayed at an airbnb 5 minutes away from his parents house, it was cute. there was only one bed, but i wanted that.

weirdly enough, vinnie and i arent together but weve had multiple nights cuddling, multiple nights doing cute things like having dinner together, but i like to make the excuse that the baby deserves the connection.

"vinnieee." i whined, my back was killing me. ive always had a weak back but this pregnancy had me in harm. i was fresh out of the shower, i dont know how i managed to stand all the way to put on a bra and his boxers, they fit and they're comfortable.

"your back?" he just knew.

"why are you shirtless?" i laughed, he came behind me and lifted my stomach gently. he learned this on tiktok, usually it was more effective on women on their last weeks on pregnancy but for 5 months i was exhausted.

"im trying to see where i want my next tat. you okay?"

"its just my back."

"yeah my back would hurt if i had to carry that ass all day." he remarked.

"vinnie i appreciate the compliment but theres no logic in that. oh fuck me!"

"and get pregnant again?"

"no no no, it hurts." i groaned.

"fuck, what hurts?"

"ugh shes having a whole fucking moshpit im there." i whined. "vinnie never touch me again, this baby is an mma star."

he laughed and kissed my cheek. "get some rest honey, and let your mom get rest."

"where are you going?"

"im gonna go talk to my parents."