thirteen

"look at her baby." smiled vinnie.

to say the least, vinnie was obsessed with her. she could blink and to him that was revolutionary. he was in awe. he was in love with our baby. anyone would be too, not to be cocky of biased but she was beautiful.

shes been on this earth for 15 days and she is just the cutest baby. she has the longest eyelashes, which she got from me. the eyecolor is still not fully set in but its like a greenish hazel, like a caramel light brown. she has a perfect button nose and she definitely got vinnies lips.

i was feeling a lot better, not weak anymore, it was more like constantly tired. but that came from sleepless nights, people aren't kidding. the thing about her is, she likes being held, which i know we shouldn't be feeding her habit but i cant help it.

"whatd she do?" i chuckled coming out of the bathroom with the hairbrush still in my hand.

"shes sticking her tongue out." he  smiled at her. "oh my god, please stay like this forever. you cant grow, you can't talk, you cant walk, no school, no boys, ok, jane?"

"dont listen to him." i laughed. "if she tongue out shes hungry. also dont call her jane it makes her seem grown up."

"do you want privacy?"

"vincent." i laughed. "have we met?"

he rolled his eyes and laughed too. "i dont know, i would understand."

"you see me do this all the time?" i raised an eyebrow.

"whatever. i just wanna spend time with my girls." he said laying next to us.

— 5 months later —

"mommy and daddys night out! hello there!" smiled bryce as we walked into the room.

"hello there." i laughed.

"god, ive seen you guys once, really busy with that little kid huh?"

"kinda. i have separation anxiety from her right now." laughed vinnie.

"vinnie boy is whipped." said jack.

"jack you saw us yesterday." i remarked. jack was always around the house.

"yeah i mean id be whipped too shes the cutest little thing." said jack, showing pictures he took of the baby.

vinnie sighed and laughed a bit. "not when shes up all night though."

i raised an eyebrow. it kind of ticked me that he'd say that, because i always felt like i was responsible at nights.

"but anyways, you guys have 1942?"

"you know we do." smiled bryce.

the night was alright, we laughed, vinnie had drinks, i was crazy checking the baby monitor with the baby sitter, but i was alright.

i was getting ready to leave but freshening up in the bathroom.

"girl! i cannot believe you had a baby, like you look better than me! and ive had to go to multiple people to look like this." said tana fixing her lipgloss.

"aww tana, you know you're perfect."

"no, babe, i wish i was you. like please i dont even know what vinnie is doing talking to that other girl outside! like you're the most perfect girl in LA." she remarked, obviously her outstanding comment getting to me.

"well...i love you tana, i gotta get going, but coffee soon! you can meet the baby."

"id love to! a good dose of birth control." gladly tanas comment made me laugh a bit before going out.

she wasn't wrong, he was out there talking to faith. he didn't seem upset or bothered, he looked entertained. and he wasn't an idiot, she ruined our relationship before and she was obviously flirting with him.

"vin?" i spoke out. "you ready?"

"yea.." he said and then his mind clicked. "yea baby im ready, lets go."

i softly smiled and nodded, we waved goodbyes and then went to the car. i knew he wasn't drunk or even tipsy, he could perfectly drive.

"you alright?" he asked putting his hand onto my thigh.

"mhm." i said looking out the window.

"you dont seem alright, elle."

"i am. just wanna get home and see her."

"babe, she's probably asleep."

"i can still see her when shes asleep." i probably said that with more attitude than intended.

"okay, talk to me."

"were here." i said and got out the car once he parked it. i said hi and bye to the baby sitter, we already cashapped her so she was paid, i went directly to the baby's room, she was sound asleep.

"why are you being such a bitch right now isabelle?"

her heart dropped. she didnt know what to say, if it would make her cry or bitch him out. she kept looking down at jane, i needed to be patient for jane—i didn't want her to have the life i had.

"i just need sleep baby. go rest too okay?" i breathed in and softly smiled at him, the room was probably too dark for him to see if i had tears in my eyes.