Playing Cupid [Kate Bishop]

***= POV SWITCH

A/N: Just added Kate's name to the title, and added an image.

Valentine's Day. A day Kate has not celebrated in a long time since she broke up with her ex. Kate had broken up with her ex when she found out he was only dating her to prove he could pull any girl he wanted to and she had caught him cheating with two other girls in a threesome. Archery had always been something that brought Kate comfort whenever she needed it and was glad when she was doing archery tournaments during and after schooling.

Kate arrives at the archery club she goes to for practice, or when she needs to vent her frustrations whenever she needs to. Archery has always helped the young woman get calm and level-headed.

***

I arrived at the Archery Club. I've been here a few times but the few times have been few and far between. I own a simple recurve bow and quiver that I had custom-made a long time ago by an old friend of mine who sadly passed away a few months ago. Since I've been through all the safety measures and procedures the first time, so I don't need to do it again. I was first introduced to Archery by my cousin.

"You have to start coming more often Y/N," Despite me coming here not that often. Jake and I have become mates with each other, I guess also bumping into each other outside of the Archery Range every once in a while, helps.

"Yeah, I know. I find myself preoccupied with other things," I answer.

"Sounds like excuses to me Y/N, and as always I'll be close by in case you need anything," Jake says. Jake also has a girlfriend who works here as well. I've seen her the few times I was here and I can say she's a pretty chill person. If Jake's close by when watching me to make sure I don't accidentally harm myself when using the range, his girlfriend, Anya is usually not too far away, even though they're both supposed to be moving around the place, they always stay close to me for a reason they have not yet told me. I place my duffel bag on the seats next to the pigeon holes and grab my bow, and quiver full of arrows, once I make sure I have everything I place my bag in one of the pigeon holes and then make my way to the field.

***

Kate was having a good time. All of her shots have been on target and she feels much better emotionally than she was at the beginning of the day, archery has always had that effect on her. Kate was looking around when taking mini breaks while sitting on the various seats located around the field. Her gaze stopped at a particular area. She spotted a young-looking man who seemed to have an average-looking build, but from the distance she was from the young-looking man, it was hard to tell, especially with the bagginess of the clothes he was wearing which wasn't against the rules of the field, but it's not exactly safe. The more she looked at him, the more Kate felt attracted to him for reasons she could not explain. An idea comes to mind, an idea that involves an arrow, her bow and the young man all she has to do is make it look like an accident, which she has done before when it's come to really bad people. Kate never liked killing people, but when there are people that are so evil, so irredeemable, there's no letting them live, but this plan does not involve murder, an injury yes, but not murder. Kate grabs her bow and quiver and puts her plan into action.

"Okay, okay, you can do this Bishop? Why should this be any different?" she mutters to herself as she moves into a position that keeps the young man in her line of sight, but moves back far enough that she can't tell that the man is a person, after all, he's wearing camouflage which would make her plan or the more believable, she would make sure to hit the target a few times, and then miss her shot and accidentally hit the man. After all sudden, painful cramps can cause accidents in the right circumstances. Isn't it crazy what a person would do for a shot at love?