High School Reunion (Hailee)

I had relocated to another country a long time ago when I was fairly younger with my mother due to some terrible things committed by my father. Even though he committed pretty heinous acts, he was still a loving and caring father towards his kids, I of course was the only one who agreed to move away with mother, but me and my siblings still stay in touch with each other that is until they fell off the face of the earth, I even kept in touch with my father without my mother knowing until he stopped responding and seemingly went missing. It upset me that i had to leave everyone behind but I understood where my mother was coming from when she asked me to come along with her, what also helped me make my decision to move with my mother is the treatment I was getting from a majority of people after the crimes of my father had been revealed, so it was a surprise to me when I see a letter addressed to me from my old High School from America using a last name I have not used in years and instead have been using the last name of my mother before she had gotten married to my father.

"What is that letter sweetie?" My mother asks me as she leans into the hallway.

"A letter from my old school...seems they aren't aware I've been using your maiden name." I say.

"What do they want?" My mother asks. she's irritated and I don't blame her.

"I don't know. I haven't opened it yet, I'm not sure I want to." I answer.

"Let's see what they want. It's been a number of years since your High School era, maybe they're hosting a reunion of sorts." my mother suggests. I finally look at her.

"I was disliked after his crimes came out, why would they send me an invitation for such a thing after all these years?" I ask as I open the letter, I read it, my mother seems to have great intuition because it is a reunion, somehow they've managed to track down where I live despite not using my father's last name and moving countries, that is something I will have to ask them, how they found out where I live despite not posting pictures of my face on the internet and wearing a mask when I did upload pictures of myself when I was at conventions meeting celebrity guests, they also could have found me through finding where my mother is,.

"Well, you have good intuition, it is an invitation to a reunion." I tell my mother.

"Do you want to go there? I know how you feel about the people there and the ones that left you behind when the truth of your father came out." My mother responds.

"Yeah, I'll go, it'll let me get a few questions of my own answered about what father had done and thought." I answer.

"Just be careful honey, I know you can take care of yourself, but I want you to be especially careful if you end up in certain areas." Mother tells me, and it doesn't take a genius to know what places my mother means, there were some rumors about the locations of the murders after they were committed but none of them were proven to be true or proven false.

"I will mother, you know I always take care of myself, and I always come back." I reply.

I'm sitting at the airport at the flight gate after getting up earlier than I would have liked to and going through all the motions at the airport security and check in desks at the front. I scroll through Instagram and just scroll though one specific profile, Hailee Steinfeld. Although I do go by a different last name and don't use my old one, I'm pretty sure she knows who I am as she followed me back, which is not something she normally does when other regular people have followed her, it did cause a bit of a stir with her fans as they thought I was a new boyfriend of hers, but no I am not, or I would not be residing in the land of Australia. You see Hailee and I were close before the truth of my father's misdeeds were revealed to the world, and while the evidence against him was lacking, it was common knowledge that he did what he did, and that's why all the Chucky E Cheese's locations have closed after a long time, because how can parents bring a child to a location when a whole group of them were murdered at one and the trust in the brand diminished because of it, we grew apart when the truth did come out and she did her best to talk to me still but the pressure of being told to stop seeing me got to her, she's the only person I don't hate out of everyone back in the states.