Training

"Is dad going to shoot with the bow much more?" Eldmi asked.

"Let him play a little. Don't you remember how much you were shooting when we gave you yours?" their mother reminded them.

"Almost nothing! We only tried them a little!" Gjami denied.

"You started after lunch, and it had become dark when you finished. Is that 'a little'?" their mother raised her eyebrows.

"Ah, look, he has pierced another arrow!" Eldmi exclaimed.

"When did they learn to change the subject?" Goldmi thought, not sure if it had been a coincidence.

The truth was that Eldi had brought them Elendnas' bow, and he had fallen in love with the weapon as soon as he picked it up. The elf had been checking its limits, its mana circulation, the spells and skills he knew, its stability, its aim. He was more than satisfied.

"Do you think I can't hear you?" he turned around, smiling.

""Dad!"" his daughters pounced on him.

"How about the four of us go to practice tomorrow?" he proposed.

""Okay!"" they both responded at the same time.

"Okay!" Goldmi also responded, imitating her daughters.

At the same time, she walked up and kissed him on the lips. They both wanted to practice together, check if they could synchronize, or train until they could. At the same time, they could also teach their daughters.

Nonetheless, their plans would be successful only in the first few hours. They were discovered by the rest of the villagers, who joined in the practice as if it were a celebration. Everyone greatly appreciated the elf, who had patrolled even when he wasn't in full shape, protecting them.

Even the female elves who had once pursued him, and had resented Goldmi, congratulated him from the bottom of their hearts. Those were things of the past, sins of youth that were better forgotten.

Without a doubt, Goldmi's attitude had helped smooth over rough edges back then. She had even saved the brother of one of them, who had been attacked by a roaming group of spotted kestrels.

The goshawk had spotted and followed them, and warned her sisters. The lynx, the first to arrive, had managed to protect him with the help of her winged sister. Goldmi had helped put an end to the birds of prey, and had healed him, thus saving his life.

Also, in the past, the other pursuer had been helping to organize an important banquet for her family. They had suffered the bad luck that the mana kitchen had broken down just then, after so many years of service. Perhaps, they had forced it more than usual, although not more than it should theoretically endure.

The worst thing had been that many ingredients had been burned. It wasn't easy to get more of that quality in such a short time, unless you are a visitor with many stored. Goldmi had saved them, and helped cook whatever they had asked. After that, it had been impossible to hate her anymore.

The twins didn't mind the visits. With more kids, it was more fun.

Their parents simply accepted it, in addition to feeling cherished. The affection of their neighbors was comforting.

Furthermore, the first tests had been more satisfactory than they expected. Although they had collaborated in the past, it had been different, since they hadn't had weapons and power on par.

Perhaps, the most fun had been watching their daughters try to imitate them, to collaborate with each other. It must be said that they lacked the skill, but their coordination was excellent. Without a doubt, it wouldn't be difficult for them to achieve it. The two twins together could be fearsome in the future.

Sometimes the lynx watched, and other times it simply slept. She felt very comfortable hanging around in the grass while listening to her sister and her family.

The goshawk sometimes collaborated by throwing objects, which were pierced by the arrows. Sometimes, she would drop them. Others times, she Plummeted to make them gain speed. From time to time, the bird would summon her Wind Blades to change the trajectories, thus increasing the difficulty.

The little kraken was cheering them on from the lake next to where they had gone to train. There, many villagers ended up bathing.

She had also created some shapes in the water for them to practice, and even Inked areas to serve as targets. Furthermore, she collected the arrows with her tentacles.

"Damn, who would've thought he could make a move like that?" Ricardo cursed.

"He's full of surprises, we cannot underestimate him. The worst problem is that we have lost the support of the church. It won't be easy to win it back when we finish him off. It's going to be a headache," Elsa lamented.

"I don't understand how he could control the sword. It's supposed to be sacred. Now, the people cry out for him. It'll take us years to repress them," Ricardo complained. "Is everything ready? We can't allow any mistakes."

"Don't worry. He may be a visitor, but we have several on our side. I'm sure some are stronger than him. Not to mention our elites. How about the queen?" she inquired.

"She's angered. Although, I understand it, the blow on the Holy Sword Hill was as unexpected as it was harsh. To make it worse, the first prince is in a bad mood," he explained.

"Oh. Hadn't he gone to an auction to relax?" she was surprised.

"Yes, but it didn't go as well as he expected. It seems that they reprimanded him for using his name to get an item cheaper, and even prohibited him from bidding on it. He was so angry, that he wanted us to arrest everyone from the Chamber of Commerce in the kingdom," he sighed.

"He's such an idiot. Is he the future king? I hope he learns that there're other powers that need to be treated with caution. Above all, one can't let oneself be blinded by anger," the duchess spoke with disappointment.

"Well, the queen, despite her character, she isn't stupid. She was already quite irritated, and scolded him hard. This time, I hope he reflects during his confinement. She has forbidden him from leaving his room for a week. After then, he'll have to show that he has learned. I hope she doesn't soften. He needs a strong hand," said the queen's advisor.

"We better. He's our future king," she finished, with a worried tone.

If his siblings were more competent, she might have planned to get rid of the heir to the throne. However, the others weren't much better. Maybe, the little sister, but the Duchess found her too idealistic. It was astounding that she had turned out so different from her siblings.