The Valley of the Dead (III)

Eldi barely had the mana he was recovering left. Even so, he continued running after Goldmi, who was heading towards the tunnel entrance. He might not be able to cast spells, but his hammer with Purifying Touch was still deadly. A zombie that was embedded in the cave wall had witnessed it.

The elf wanted to get to the exit as soon as possible. Eldi had temporarily cleared the path, but the undead were approaching again. If they didn't arrive soon, They would have to deal with them instead of taking advantage of this great opportunity.

Eldi put the hammer on the ground to take out the axe for a moment and cast X. The zombies suffered deep cuts, while the skeletons saw their bones jagged from the powerful blow.

He put the axe away to take up the hammer again. He jumped with Earthquake to push those still in their way, and then started using Propel over and over again to continue pushing them away.

Some of the skeletons saw their bones crushed, and some of the zombies didn't fare much better, although that wasn't his goal. He wanted to make path to his companion.

Goldmi Slid past him. She passed under the hammer that was pushing a skeleton, and surpassed him by several meters. While she Slid, she was using her version of Propel, to push the enemies in front of her away with her arrows.

Goldmi put away her bow to wield dagger and sword. She dodged a skeleton armed with a mace with Serpent's Attack, and opened some space with Wind Push. She was now in the middle of her enemies, with her companions too far behind to support her. It was the place and time that she had planned.

She summoned another Light Pillar, which cleared the surrounding area. Eldi took advantage of it to throw some undead into the spell. Next, the elf advanced a few more meters, until she arrived in front of the moat that Eldi had created before entering.

It was a creepy sight. It was full of undead, one on top of the other. They pushed each other trying to climb, while the newcomers tried to climb over them. It was the ideal place for another Light Pillar.

When the light faded, only bones and lifeless flesh remained in the hole, which, like the other undead, soon turned into dust. The only reason they were still around was the fact that they had turned into undead. Upon being purified, the magic that sustained them had disappeared. Therefore, they had degraded rapidly, as if all the time since they had died had passed at once.

Since most of the undead they had faced were low level, eliminating thousands of them hadn't been enough to level up. However, they had advanced quite a bit, and those who were approaching were stronger. Some came from the center of the valley, as they had been attracted by the presence of the living.

They rested in the Oasis that Goldmi had cast. Not only did it allow them to recover the mana faster, but it eliminated the stench of death.

Several traps were set at the entrance, and Light Walls were in charge of the specters, which crossed the pit with ease. If many enemies gathered in the hole that Eldi had widened, Goldmi moved near to throw a Light Pillar or two.

While they were eating, they were surprised that a Light Abyss was fired. The specter was purified almost immediately, as it had already been greatly damaged after passing through three Light Walls.

"They're getting stronger," Eldi murmured, after taking a bite of the 100% vegetable sandwich. Meat didn't appeal too much with so many zombies around.

"It was time. Let's see if you can start to really gain experience," Gjaki wished.

So it was. She, Eldi, and the lynx had to deal with the increasing number of specters that crossed their defenses. As they were incorporeal, the pit couldn't hold them, and they were practically immune to physical attacks. In contrast, the normally harmless weapons created with Light Blade were lethal against them.

After much insistence, and making the elf practice a lot, Gjaki had obtained a whip made of purifying magic. She could use all of her whip skills, and was much deadlier against wraiths than a normal whip was against other enemies.

"She's enjoying it," Goldmi laughed.

"Like a little girl with a new toy," Eldi criticized her.

"Jealous," she stuck her tongue out at them.

The truth was that, although they didn't have serious problems, they couldn't remain as idle as before. Even Light Pillar didn't always eliminate all the enemies, although it did leave them very badly injured and at the bottom of the pit.

The goshawk, for her part, entertained herself with the winged enemies. They had increased in number and level, but they were still very slow for her. Furthermore, when her sister was going to cast the Light Pillar, she would attract them over the place where it was going to be summoned, thus decimating the clumsy pursuers.

What worried them most was that, as the level and number increased, they wouldn't be able to contain them, and would be forced to escape. However, those worries were forgotten when they felt the presence of a sinister and powerful aura approaching.

"Something powerful is coming. They're letting it pass," the goshawk reported.

It didn't take long for the elf to see it thanks to Hawkeye. The undead moved aside, as they had never done before, to let a figure pass through. It was enveloped in an aura of darkness that made the hair stand on end.

Its evil presence approached menacingly. There was no doubt that it was a powerful enemy. Nonetheless, there was something even more fearsome than her power.

"It's an intelligent being," the elf warned them. "It's looked at my sister, and then followed its path. None had done it until now."

"So, they really exist. It's more or less at my level. This's getting interesting," the vampiress smiled.

Her two companions frowned. Their level was lower, although not that lower anymore. At least, they could put a fight. However, it was an unknown enemy with abilities they ignored. Not to mention that it was a gloomy being that had gotten back on its feet after dying. They couldn't help but feel a little apprehensive.