Chapter 24: The Mission

When the morning comes...

"How is Inuyasha?" Kagome asked Miroku, making sure Inuyasha was still okay.

"Great news. It turns out he is recovered." Miroku said, smiling.

She smiled back. "That's great news. Did you tell him about the mission?'

He nodded. "Yes, I told him. Though Inuyasha isn't sure what happened yesterday. All he ever remembers was being beaten down by Sesshomaru before we came to rescue him."

She hummed. Then she spoke again, "Has he agreed to travel with us?"

"He agreed. By the way, let's get packing." With that, Miroku and Kagome went to the hut to pack their things before going on a journey. Strangely, Sango and Vegeta weren't coming with them to the mission, she figured they must have liked each other, she guessed. Although they barely know each other since they just met yesterday.

"By the way, Sango is staying with Vegeta to take care of him. And Kirara is coming with us to help us." Miroku recalled.

Kagome nodded, saying, "Okay."

***

Inuyasha had awakened from his unconscious, remembering what happened: he had a battle with Sesshomaru over Tessaiga and the last thing he remembered was his friends coming to rescue him. He didn't recall that much about how they were able to defeat Sesshomaru. Luckily, Shippo told him that Goku had been able to defeat Sesshomaru with Tessaiga in his Super Saiyan God form. He was shocked to hear this. He wondered how Goku would be able to defeat Sesshomaru with Tessaiga being transformed with a big blade. He was extremely jealous. He would have had a chance to defeat Sesshomaru. Well, he always beat Sesshomaru every time he encountered him.

Right now, Inuyasha was getting ready for the day after Miroku had told him they had a mission to do: going to the Northern Land to slay the demon. Of course, he was thrilled about that. As he walked out of the hut, he found his friends preparing for the trip.

"Oh, good! You're awake! We were ready for the mission." Kagome said excitedly, walking up to him.

Inuyasha let out a relieved smile before pulling her into a hug. "Kagome, thank God you're okay."

Kagome was shocked at being hugged by Inuyasha. Her face softly blushed. She didn't return a hug. She barely knows him.

"I take it you were worried about me since me and Goku had left," Kagome awkwardly said.

"Well, I'm glad you're still able to travel back and forth with the Shikon Jewel." So he let her go and faced her, "Now that you and Goku are back, first, we'll be going on a mission and then you'll have to go home again."

"But I just got here yesterday," Kagome protested.

"Goku will have to take you back after the mission," Inuyasha replied, making her roll her eyes in annoyance.

With that, Kagome took off walking away from him, she didn't want to hear Inuyasha telling her she needed to go back. She had no idea why he was so stubborn.

What a stubborn, Kagome thought.

"Inuyasha!" Suddenly, a cheerful male voice called out to him. She knew it was Goku. She saw him bringing the sword he got during the battle.

"I brought your sword back," Goku said, handing Tessaiga back to him. Inuyasha nodded in response as he took his sword and put it in the sheath where it came from. After all, he was still jealous of Goku for winning the battle against Sesshomaru, even though he knew how to summon Tessaiga.

"Let's go. We had a mission to do." Inuyasha said, didn't bring gratitude to Goku as he walked off on him, which confused Goku.

***