Chapter 10: Almost Become One

When the morning comes, Kagome went to go get something from the food market. She brought plenty of vegetables, fruits, and meats as she put them in the basket. She had four fish, white rice, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc vegetables, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and red apples. She wanted to make something for Goku since he's been hungry a lot. So what gives?

As she made it to the field, she saw Goku was training up on the hill beside the tree by himself far away from the Edo Village. She could tell right to her face he was too busy training. Probably she could tell Goku that she wanted to make lunch for him or maybe she could leave him alone for a while. Suddenly, when she saw Goku transformed into Super Saiyan, she had never seen him so attractive before. Not only how his hair and his eyes have changed into golden and blue.

It was then she got a bright idea, so she pulled out the red apple and threw it at Goku, but he managed to catch it with his hand when he could sense Kagome's atmosphere who had come this way to his new training ground. As he turned around, he faced Kagome who carried a bunch of grocery bags.

"Hey! Do you want something to eat? I'll make you some. I have plenty of healthy foods if you are interested to try some." Kagome said, facing him.

He grinned. "Sure! I want some of your recipes!"

***

After a while, Kagome finally made something for Goku as she fried some fish in the fireplace. However, she fried some vegetables as well. Once she was finished, she placed the fried and fried vegetables on the plate and then gave them to Goku.

"Here you go. It's all done, but it's very hot. You might as well let it cool down." Kagome said.

"Wow, thanks, Kags! I love fried fish! I always eat some when I was a kid!" Then Goku let it cool a bit and took a bite of the fried fish. So he began to eat the rest of it. When he was done, he was now feeling full in his stomach.

He let out a puff and said, "Ah, so full..."

"What do you think? Do you like it?" Kagome asked him curiously.

"Are you kidding me!? I love it! This was the best fried fish and fried vegetables I had ever had!" Goku said happily as his eyes shined with stars.

Kagome let out a chuckle as she smiled in relief. "I'm glad you love it, Goku."

"Your cooking skills are way better than my wife's," Goku said.

Then she froze as she gasped. As her eyes went widened, she never knew he was married this whole time. How could this possibly be? I mean, she was supposed to get to know him who he is and find out about his relationship and even his family members.

"You're married?" Kagome said in shock, now feeling heartbroken.

Then Goku realized Kagome was feeling hurt and he began to feel worried when he hated to see her like this. Although, he was still not good at romance stuff. He never understands about love because he has been too innocent this whole time. Not only he doesn't feel too attractive to every woman.

Then he began to tell her, "I was married... once."

"You were divorced?" Kagome asked, now confused and extremely shocked.

He shook his head. "No. I didn't divorce her. She died of disease. I'm not sure what type of sickness she had. Clearly, I was sad and heartbroken that my wife passed away. Because of the unknown sickness."

She gasped as she covered her mouth and said, "I am so sorry what happened to your wife!"

He smiled. "That's okay. I knew I had to move on and forget being so depressed. One of my friends made me feel better by training."

"I see. So who are your friends?" Kagome asked him.

"Well, my friends are from different dimensions. We always trained together about our powers and hand-to-hand combats as always." Goku said.

"Do you think you can train me?" Kagome said, facing him.

He blinked. "Wh-What!?"

"I really want to train with you. I want to be a fighter like you. I'm not sure how to do it, but you'll be the one to help me. I know you're that strong." Kagome said, pleading with him.

Then Goku began to feel concerned as his face went pale. His forehead was covered in sweat as well. However, he was too afraid that something might happen to her. No, what he was worried about was if he taught the new Kagome to be a great fighter, he knew this would be bad if he brought the old Kagome back, she will be a less fighter again. Not only he made a deal with Inuyasha that he has to take her home with no memory and went back to the feudal era to make the jewel disappear forever.

"Ummm..." Then Goku gave her a fake smile and said, "Yeah! Yeah, of course! I'll teach you!"

She gasped as she beamed, "Really!?"

He chuckled. "Well, yeah! I can teach you. We'll train here tomorrow."

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you, Goku!" Kagome shrieked like a fangirl as she came to him and hugged him tightly, which shocked Goku. "Thank you so much for accepting me to be your apprentice!"

Suddenly, Goku's eyes went widen as he never expected to see this. Kagome wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and leaned her face towards his. He began to panic as his face went red. Suddenly, Inuyasha appeared and show Kagome was about to kiss Goku, so he marched towards them and stopped her from kissing Goku. However, he shoved her face from Goku's, causing her to fall to the ground.

"Hey, what the hell was that about!?" Kagome shouted at him in anger.

"You were going to kiss, so I won't allow it," Inuyasha said with a stern look.

"So!? It's just a kiss!" She yelled at him.

"You don't know about him, Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted.

"And I don't know about you, too, because I never met you in m my life!" Then Kagome stormed off and headed back to the village, leaving Goku and Inuyasha alone in shock.

When Kagome left, Inuyasha turned around and gave him a glaring look. "Are you insane, Goku? Just because you like her doesn't mean you have to kiss her."

"I wasn't going to kiss, Inu. She just tried to give me a kiss, that's all. Nothing happens between us." Goku declared.

"Well, don't get any funny ideas about kissing. If you do that, you'll have to give me back the jewel and make you stay away from Kagome for your own good. Got it?" Then Inuyasha ran off to find Kagome as he left Goku alone.

Well, I'm dead... We almost become one, Goku thought, now worried about making things worse with Kagome. Yes, things could get any worse by accepting her to be his pupil without Inuyasha's statement.

Then Goku's face went flatter when he never expected this to happen. Love almost bloom between them.