Chapter 9: Helping Kagome To Understand

Goku and Kagome arrived in no time to see Inuyasha and the others. They were sitting in the fireplace roasting the big fish. Although Goku had already eaten the fried fish made him feel more hungry. So he and Kagome sat on the log beside Shippo and Kirara.

"Mama! Goku!" Shippo cried out as he leaped towards Kagome and hugged her.

"Whoa, little buddy! Say, I have never seen you so worried about us." Kagome said, smiling at the demon fox cub.

"Inuyasha told us what happened and we were worried about you two!" Shippo said as his emerald eyes filled up with tears.

"And we thought Sesshomaru had killed you. If Inuyasha and Goku weren't here to rescue you, Sesshomaru would have killed you." Miroku said with a worried look.

"Don't worry, Goku and Inuyasha made it in time to rescue me and I thanked them for that," Kagome said.

"But you didn't thank me for saving you," Inuyasha said, softening his eyes.

"O-Oh! I forgot to tell you to thank you. Sorry, Inuyasha. I was too busy taking care of Goku when he was sick with a fever. I bet Sesshomaru had poisoned him with the sword he had stabbed Goku in the stomach, so I thanked Goku for saving me." Kagome said nervously as she scratched the back of her head while chuckling nervously.

"Oh, I see now," Inuyasha muttered, feeling a bit jealous of Goku for always being here for Kagome. Not only she stayed Goku's side after taking care of him. He wished he would have been him when he would have had a chance to defeat Sesshomaru. It's not fair for him.

"Kagome, would you like to see the photo of you and us?" Sango said as she brought the photo album book from the yellow bag that belonged to Kagome.

"Um... sure," Kagome said awkwardly. Then Sango sat next to her and showed her the picture of her and her friends.

At first, Sango opened the album and the first photo was of Inuyasha, then there was a picture of Shippo, Sango, and Miroku. She also had pictures of Lord Sesshomaru, Koga, Ginta, Hakkaku, Ayame, and even one of Naraku.

"Is that me with you guys?" Kagome asked, shocked.

Sango nodded. "Of course. It's you all along."

"You took a picture of us," Miroku said, "This is also a picture of your adventure with your friends. We had a great time. We've been friends for three years. You were fifteen when you first arrived here and made friends with us."

"Is Goku in the photo?" Kagome asked, wanting to see the picture of Goku.

"Unfortunately, he didn't appear in this photo. We first met him two weeks ago before you lost your memories. We became friends with Goku for three days until you and Inu--" Miroku was cut off by Inuyasha who didn't want him to remind her about what happened almost a week ago.

Kagome was confused. "Until what?"

"Until you lost your memories because of the Shikon Jewel," Inuyasha finished an answer.

"What? The Shikon Jewel has taken my memories? How did that happen?" Kagome asked in shock.

"Because of the wish you made by accident," Goku told her.

Kagome became curious about the photo as she flipped through the album amazed by all the pictures. After that, she handed her back the album and put it back in the yellow bag, "So this really happened?"

"Yes, it really did."

"And my mother was okay with this?" Kagome asked, can't remember a thing.

Miroku shrugged off, which made Inuyasha roll his eyes.

"Of course not, but she knew as the priestess that shattered the Shikon Jewel, it was your duty to make it whole again, and to defeat the evil that would have taken over the world," Inuyasha said.

"Oh... okay," Kagome murmured, looking away.

Goku had a concerned look on his face, "Are you okay, Kags?"

She nodded. "Yeah... it's just a lot to take in all at once."

"Are you sure?" Sango asked

"Yeah, I'll be okay," Kagome replied. Then she got up and began to walk away, leaving Goku and the others concerned. Goku was the only person who began to follow her. She felt him following him so she stopped her track and turned around to face him.

"You sound like you're not only with it. Is it because of what we told you?" Goku said, worried.

She shook her head. "No. It was just that I still can't remember everything for what I did here. It's scaring me."

He softened his eyes as he came close to her, making sure he doesn't scare her that easily. "I understand. Whatever it makes you feel uncomfortable, I'm here for you. And I will always make sure you're okay. Not only I'm here to help you. I promise it won't get any weirder."

Kagome began to smile as she was feeling glad to have Goku by her side. She doesn't know much about him, but she felt comfortable hanging around with Goku who can able to help but is the first person who can help her to understand the situation she had.