Chapter 8: Taking Care of Goku

Kagome was in the hut looking after Goku after he had a battle with Sesshomaru. Of course, he had saved Kagome from almost getting killed by Sesshomaru. Right now, Kagome was fallen asleep on the floor while keeping her watch on Goku. Suddenly, when she woke up, she heard someone coughing. She sat up immediately and saw Goku was coughing as his face went red a bit and his sweat are assembling from his forehead.

Her eyes widened. "Goku, are you sick?"

Goku chuckled weakly. "Unfortunately, I am."

Probably Sesshomaru's sword that has poisoned his system, Kagome thought, worried.

Then Kagome began to check his temperature. As she placed her bare hand on his forehead, she could tell he was really sick with a fever. She panicked a bit, needed to help Goku out, but how? She remembered how Kaede would take care of the villagers from the sickness. Or maybe her spiritual power can cure the sickness. If Kagome was a priestess, then maybe she can do it.

"Perhaps I can take care of you," Kagome said, facing him.

"You don't have to take care of me, not under your condition," Goku said.

"Goku, I'm all better now. Now it's time for me to take care of you." Kagome said.

He sighed. "Alright. But do you know how you can cure my sickness?"

"Possibly my spiritual power can cure the sickness. I'm not sure if it's going to work or not." Kagome said as she summoned her spiritual power, which was easy. "Wow, that was easy."

Goku smiled at her. "I believe in you, Kagome. You don't hurt me that much."

She nodded in response. Then she placed her hand on his chest and began to heal the sickness he had. Within a few seconds, the sickness was gone and Goku was cured. He no longer feel sweaty and had a fever.

"It worked! Thank you, God!" Kagome said happily.

"See? You don't hurt me. I believed in you!" Goku said with a bare teeth smile.

"Now you're cured, you still need some rest for a while, but perhaps I should give you something that will make you feel better." Kagome then ran to the small kitchen and got something for Goku. However, she brought a bowl of tea and a small cup and put cold water in it. She began to make herbal tea as she placed the bowl of tea on the fireplace. The tea was ready and the bowl of water was full. She pour it into the cup of tea and then gave it to Goku before feeding him.

"What's that?"

"It's a herbal tea. It will cure the sickness. Once you drink the rest of the tea, you'll feel better." Kagome told him.

Goku took a sip of the tea, he started to feel amazed at it while drinking it. "Wow!" he exclaimed. "It tasted really good! Thanks, Kagome!"

Kagome smiled, chuckling. "You're welcome, Goku."

***

The next morning, Goku felt refreshed as he sat up in his futon. Even though some parts of his body were aching. Then Kagome reappeared with a tray of food in her hands.

"Good, you're awake now." Kagome said as she came in and said, "I brought some food for you."

She walked over and laid the tray down next to him. There was a bigger bowl of rice and cooked vegetables in a big dish along with a cup of water.

"Thanks, Kagome," Goku said happily as he sat up and turned toward the tray. He picked up the bowl of rice with the chopsticks and started to eat faster. He didn't want to admit it, but he hadn't eaten in two days. Well, she has been injured during those two days. He was very lucky that he survived from Sesshomaru's Bakusaigs sword that was filled with poison and he was lucky Kagome had got rid of the sickness with her spiritual power. If she hadn't, he would have been killed by Sesshomaru or died of the sickness with a bad fever.

While Goku was eating his meals, Kagome had never seen him so hungry. Although Sango and Miroku had explained things about Goku how much he was hungry for food because she learned that he is the Saiyan.

Saiyan, huh? So this is who you are, Kagome thought as she looked across from her and saw that Goku was done eating. After that, he put the big bowl in the tray and then started to drink the water. When he was done drinking it, he put it away as well.

Goku let out a puff of noise, feeling full from eating. "Now that's good stuff." He said as he looked over and saw Kagome was watching. Kagome started to blush under his gaze. She looked away awkwardly, feeling a bit embarrassed by seeing how handsome Goku is.

"Um, hey, Goku... right?" Kagome managed to speak to him.

"Yeah?" Goku asked her with a curious look.

She gave him a kind smile and said, "I want to thank you for saving me from this Sesshomaru guy. If you and Inuyasha aren't here to save me, I would be killed just now."

Goku smiled back. "I would do anything to keep you safe. I won't let anything happen to you."

She nodded in response.

Goku looked a bit uneasy as he looked down. "I'm sorry..."

Kagome was confused. "Why are you sorry?"

"I know it sounds confusing, but I'm sorry what has happened to you because of the memory loss you had," Goku said.

"It doesn't matter. I'm fine now. You don't have to feel bad about me. I know I don't remember that much or don't know who you guys are, but I would like to get to know you all very well. It has been three days now since I can't remember what happened and how I got here for the first because of my headache. There is nothing to feel sorry about me, Goku." Kagome said, smiling a bit at him

But there is something else you need to understand what I'm trying to tell you about what happened between you and Inuyasha and even the Shikon Jewel that had taken your memories away after the wish you made, Goku thought as he softened his eyes, wishing Kagome would have her memories back, but he still has the Shikon Jewel that he needed to bring her memories back and then have Inuyasha made a wish for the jewel to disappear. This is the only way to accomplish his mission.

But this time, when the old Kagome is back, he would have Inuyasha apologize to her for the cruelty he has towards her. Even if he didn't, then he should be ashamed of himself for hurting her feelings. Even if he didn't love Kagome and wanted to be with Kikyo for eternal life in Hell, Goku would do anything to make Kagome feel happy again. Well, he isn't in a romantic way. Just the friendly way.

"Goku, I--"

"Kagome... I love you." Goku spoke out.

"Eh!?" Kagome blinked, now getting confused.

He looked away nervous as he rubbed the back of his head while flattering easily. "It's kinda boring here. We should head out and see how everybody is doing."

With that, Goku eventually got out of the futon and left the hut, leaving Kagome confused but flattered. Kagome wasn't sure what love Goku was talking about, but was he trying to say that he loves her in a romantic way or something because of the amnesia she suffered with? It doesn't really matter to her. However, everything went weird when people of this people knew her.

Kagome then decided to follow Goku as she got out of the hut and faced the back of his head while blushing a bit.

"Don't think you're off the hook just yet," Kagome said, still flattering while looking away, feeling like she liked him. Well, she barely know him for three days straight since she first woke up and found herself in the feudal era in memory loss.

"Are you serious!? Even after all that!?" Goku complained, still walking away while shaking his hands in an anime way.

Kagome chuckled at him in reaction. Then she began to walk beside Goku as they were heading their way to see Inuyasha and the gang.