Chapter 1: Heartbroken

After Naraku was defeated, Kagome knew it was time for her to return home and start a new life. Before she could stay in the feudal era one last time, she couldn't help but watch Inuyasha and Kikyo kissing on the lips. She guessed this is what Inuyasha wanted: to be with her in the enteral of Hell after defeating Naraku and the Shikon Jewel gone forever.

During those years, she had fallen in love with Inuyasha, but he didn't love her back. She was just his precious shard detector, nothing more.

He only saw Kikyo in her. Yes, she was Kikyo's reincarnation. Inuyasha had always called her weak, stupid, ugly, and helpless. He kept saying that Kikyo was great at everything. She was tired and sick of it. She didn't know why he would say such awful things to her. Does he like to hurt people who care about him or does he always want to vent his anger out on her? Kagome accepted him for who he is, but it seems like he will never accept her for who she is.

Whenever Koga came by, he told him that Kagome belonged to him. But what he means was that she was his property, his possession. That was all she was to him... his damn possession. Which meant that he can treat her in any way he wanted.

Right now, Kagome collected the soul collectors where she could find Inuyasha and Kikyo having alone time.

Oh, no... Not this again... Kagome thought, getting tired of seeing them together. She really needed to get away from them, but she couldn't help it.

"Inuyasha, when you once told me that your life is mine and my life is yours, do you still mean you wish to be with me?" Kikyo asked, facing him as she rubbed his cheek gently.

"Kikyo, with every beating of my heart, I still want to be with you. I wish we could have a life together that Naraku had stolen from us where we can start a new life and new family, but I have got plenty of life with new friends and family. I can't say this without feeling horrible but every part of me wants me to say yes. Kikyo, I truly am in--" When Inuyasha was interrupted, his eyes went widen when he was kissed on the lips by Kikyo, so he kissed her back.

Inuyasha... Kagome was sad, sighing. She guessed this is what Inuyasha really wanted. She slowly walked away where she saw Inuyasha and Kikyo kissing.

If this is what you truly want, then I understand, Kagome thought. It was just then she was returning to the Edo Village where she could say goodbye to her friends.

But what she needed to do now was to cast the Shikon Jewel to the disappearance, but what was worst was going to happen next.

The Shikon Jewel... Kagome thought, gazing at the jewel now in her hands.