Chapter 23: There Is Just A Slayer and a Prince

When they finally arrived at the Edo Village, they entered the hut. Kaede had a look of complete shock when she saw Vegeta and Inuyasha injured.

"We need help to heal Vegeta. He's heavily wounded, Kaede." Sango said.

"What happened?" Kaede asked, worried.

"Inuyasha had a fight with Sesshomaru over Tessaiga and then Vegeta was bitten by Sesshomaru's jaw and poisoned him with his fangs," Sango explained.

"Bring him in. I'll treat his wounds. Give me a hand, Kagome." Kaede said.

She nodded, joining the help.

Goku let out a groan, feeling worried a lot before deciding to help. "I wish I would have brought the Senzu Beans with me..."

Miroku quickly placed Inuyasha on the futon, letting him rest for a while. Though he was healing his wounds while asleep.

Sango and Goku removed Vegeta's clothes, revealing a fatal wound on the side of his left body where Sesshomaru had bitten him with his large jaw. As it continued to bleed so horribly,  Kagome summoned the spiritual power that she had learned from Kaede. She must purify the poison to drain it out. As she placed her hands on the fatal wound, she began to purify the poison. It took a minute or two for her to finish the job she was having. Finally, the poison was purified and Vegeta felt relieved, but still, in pain, he had.

After getting rid of the poison, they immediately stitched the wound before Kaede could feed Vegeta an herbal tea to cure the sickness.

Suddenly, Kagome started to feel weak and light-headed as she was about to collapse. Goku rushed to her sides holding her close to him. She must overdone her spiritual power.

"Kagome needs help now," Goku said, worried about her.

"I'll be fine. I healed Vegeta and this is the price I paid for doing it." Kagome said, smiling at Goku for caring for her. She sat up from Goku and walked over to a futon, sitting beside Inuyasha. She still wasn't feeling the best in the world.

"Would you like some water?" Kaede asked her as she noticed the state that Kagome was in. She was looking pale for wasting too much power to drain the poison. Probably the venom had something to do with her after the healing process. It nearly killed her.

Kagome nodded and Kaede went to go get some cold water for her.

"Are you okay?" Goku asked, worried.

"I kind of overused my powers to heal Vegeta," Kagome said lightly laughing.

"This isn't funny. You could have seriously hurt yourself." Goku cried out. Although her laugh sounded pretty when she laughed.

The laughter ceased at what he had said. Kagome looked down at her hands that were currently resting in her lap. Before she could apologize, Kaede came in with a cup of cold water.

"Here you are, Kagome," Kaede said, handing her the cup of cold water.

"Thanks," Kagome said, accepting the water. She took a sip and that immediately calmed her down. She was nervous about being scolded by Goku for laughing about her condition, but she was calm now.

"Where did he come from? The injured man." Kaede said, curious who Vegeta was.

"This is Vegeta. He's my friend and rival. He agreed to help me fix the mess we were having." Goku said.

"I see. I figured he came from another world, is he not?" Kaede said.

"He and I are from another world," Goku corrected.

"Right now, we have to look after Vegeta. He's unconscious right now, so he needs someone to look after him. Except for Inuyasha, he's still okay, but he was still resting." Miroku said.