Chapter 6: Misunderstanding

"Hey, Kaede, right? Is that your name?" Kagome asked while walking beside her.

"Yes, Kagome. What is it ye want to tell me?" Kaede asked, looking over her shoulder at her.

"Um, I have a question. How do they know me? And who was I before? I don't remember what happened." Kagome asked with a curious look.

She smiled at her. "They were your friends, Kagome."

"My friends?" Kagome asked.

She nodded. "Yes. They were also your comrades. And you are also the reincarnation of Kikyo."

"I'm what? The reincarnation?" She said in shock.

Kaede chuckled. "Ye are also a priestess when ye were the reincarnation of Kikyo. Ye are also the guardian of the Shikon Jewel. Ye went on an amazing adventure with your friends as well while collecting all the jewel shards and fighting off demons."

She hummed at this, starting to feel interested in this story. She clearly does not remember everything at all. Not even her supposed friends.

"I see. So... how did I fight off demons?"

"Ye use spiritual power. As a priestess, ye only use the spiritual power to purify evil ones and the jewel that must be purified. Even if you're not the priestess or the reincarnation of Kikyo, ye do not have spiritual power to purify remind." Kaede said.

"That's interesting. Can you teach me that after we're done collecting herbs?" Kagome said with a smile.

She smiled at her and replied, "Of course, Kagome, but your family are waiting for ye to come home. They were worried about ye, so ye might as well ask Inuyasha to take ye home."

"Who's Inuyasha?"

"He is a half-demon dog but a friend of ye," Kaede said.

"A half-demon dog? How is he a half-demon?" Kagome asked curiously.

"He was born from a human mother and a demon father. Inuyasha's father died the day he was born. His mother died a few years later and he was left on his own." Kaede said, sadly.

"That's awful," Kagome said, covering her mouth with bare hands.

"Indeed, but ye have been there for Inuyasha's side, not willing to leave him behind. You were kind to the others you cared about. Especially your friends." Kaede said.

"I am pretty sure I don't know much about them, but my headache still hurts. I feel like I was hitting myself in the head." Kagome said, rubbing her forehead.

"You'll get better soon. When we get back home, ye must get some rest, child. The headache will be healing for a while and then ye will feel better in the morning." Kaede suggested to her.

She smiled. "Okay."

***

When Kaede and Kagome arrived back to the Edo Village...

"Kagome, you're back!" Shippo cried out as he ran to her and hugged her in the leg.

Kagome awkwardly greeted him back, still don't know who Shippo is. "Oh, um... Hi, whoever you are."

"I'm Shippo, your adoptive son," Shippo said, gazing up at her.

"What!? My adoptive son!? When did I adopt you!?" Kagome said in shock, still confused.

"When you helped me defeat Thunder Brothers for my father and then you let me join the group until you adopted me," Shippo explained.

"Wow, I didn't know I would adopt a cute little fox," Kagome chuckled, rubbing the back of her head. She then pick Shippo up and looked at him in the eyes, making him giggle. "And I'm glad I would get to keep you as you were my own."