Chapter 19: Return To Tokyo

After the preparation to return home, they made it to the train station and headed their way home. While they were sitting there talking, Kagome noticed that Goku had that bothered, irritated look in his eyes as they were on the train. Actually, he looked like he felt guilty about himself. But the reason why was unknown to Kagome.

She knew that she shouldn't ask him what was wrong, since she worried that would only worsen it. But she was concerned about him and now felt the urge to ask the question.

"Hey, Goku," she spoke up. Goku turned to face him. "I meant to ask this earlier before we left, but what's bothering you? Is it something I did because of our relationship?"

Goku shook his head, releasing a sigh. "No, it's not that. It's just that... you know..."

She looked at him. "What is it?"

"When I was with you, it felt so wrong. I didn't want Inuyasha to be mad at me for stealing you from him. If you and I were together, things would get worse. However... If I wish you to bring the old Kagome I made friends with, you'll never know our relationship." He had his arms crossed and was rubbing one of them lightly with his right hand. "Even if you remember the new Kagome who fell in love with me, you'll realize the mistake you ever made."

Kagome went to say, "I see." but the last part made her eyes widen. "Wait... Inuyasha is my boyfriend? Ew... Hell, no. I never dated that guy. He's just a... um, you know... kinda irrigate one. Even with Sesshomaru guy, he is way cocky than you think."

"Indeed. Well, it's obvious that Sesshomaru didn't learn his lesson by hurting you." Goku told her, feeling fury rushing in his eyes remembering him. "....Even when Sesshomaru attempts to take you away from me, I would be so pissed..."

He now had his arms uncrossed, fists clenched in his lap. They were trembling as tears ran down his eyes. Kagome's eyebrows descended at seeing how sorrowful Goku was over her. Not knowing what to do, she wiped the tears away from his eyes. He looked at her, and before he could say anything, Kagome quickly pressed her lips against his.

Blinking in surprise, he kissed her back, not knowing what to say or do. He wrapped his arms around her and continued to kiss.

After the kiss she had given him, Kagome faced him again. "I love you, Goku. I will never leave you. Don't you ever wish me away to the way I used to be?"

Throughout all that Kagome had an ill look on her face, which worried Goku. However, Goku soon had the same ill look on his face. They both held their heads out the window and released all the contents from their stomachs.

They got several looks from the other people on the train, which Goku and Kagome didn't even care about. All they cared about was getting off this train as soon as possible. Although they couldn't do that until they were at their destination.

"How long until we get there?" Kagome groaned out as she brought her head back in and laid down on the booth. Goku brought his head back in and laid down on his booth as well.

"Attention! We have a problem with the engine so the train ride will be slower than normal. Also, be prepared for a bumpy ride. We are going through a mountain. It will take about one more hour before we arrive at our destination. So until then, have fun on our train!" The captain of the train announced.

"Oh, God. Why?" Both Goku and Kagome said, both still looking ill.

They were now sitting back down in their seats after their stomachs had stopped complaining. Kagome felt a bit dizzy from throwing up and her eyes were starting to close with drowsiness. She fell into a deep sleep soon cuddling next to Goku who suddenly passed out on the seat.

***

One hour later, Kagome woke up finding herself cuddling beside Goku. She then turned her head towards the window of the train and saw that they were almost to the station.

"We're here," Kagome said waking Goku up as she felt the train stop. Goku nodded, signaling that he had heard her.

Then Goku and the Higurashi Family were the first off the train because they didn't want to spend another second on that dreadful vehicle. Once they got off the train Sadako, Souta, and Grandpa got off of there and followed them.

"How are you feeling, you two?" Sadako asked, checking on them since she had seen the scene about these two had illness on their faces.

"Train sick..." Goku groaned.

"We wanna go back home..." Kagome groaned as well.

"We're almost home, you guys," Sadako promised them.

***

After they got home, they began to have rest after a long ride. Goku and Kagome are in the room lying on the bed cuddling each other. Before they would rest, Goku and Kagome shared their kiss, holding close together with arms wrapping around each other.

"It's great to be home, but tomorrow we'll have to go back to the feudal era to check the others out," Goku said.

She nodded. "Okay."

It was then they fell into an eternal sleep.

***

Kagome awoken by the sun began to rise in the sky and peaked through the window of the room that she and Goku shared. She felt warm arms wrapped around her. She slowly opened her eyes and held her breath when she saw Goku's sleeping face in front of her while he was holding her close to his chest. She smiled seeing how peaceful he was in his sleep. She had to admit Goku looked quite handsome when he was sleeping. Soon enough he opened his eyes and his onyx irises were gazing at her.

"Good morning," Goku greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning," Kagome greeted him back.

He then pulled her closer and placed his lips against hers. Kagome felt like she was on fire as Goku held her close while kissing her. He soon rolled them over, making him lay on top of her. They pulled away, needing air to breathe.

"How did you sleep?" Goku asked.

She smiled at him. "I slept well."

"We should get ready," Goku said before getting off of the bed. Suddenly,  his eyes narrowed as he sensed an all-too-familiar presence. One that he hadn't felt in a long time and didn't expect to feel again, so he was heading out the window of the house.

"Where are you going?" Kagome asked before getting up from the bed and watching him flying away.

He didn't say anything. He took off flying.

"I should follow him," Kagoms suggested to herself.

***

As Goku followed the familiar presence, he spotted a person. A person with black tall spikey hair who was very familiar to Goku.

His eyes widened, saying, "Vegeta!?"