Chapter Nine: "Are you sure?"

-

Aspen came up with a simple plan. She put the mask back on Sidney and Tatum, and she called the police acting like a panic and scared victim.

After calling the police, she hung up, and she grabbed one of the knives and, without hesitation and stabbed herself in the side.

It stung, but she didn't make any sort of noise. She pulled out the knife, stabbed herself again,

Blood gushed out of her wounds, and she placed the knife back where it was before.

She stumbled back, and her back hit the wall. She slid down until she was sitting, her legs stretched out in front of her.

She pressed a hand against her wound, her blood quickly staining her skin, and she sighed.

Police sirens could be heard from a distance, and for a second, Aspen let herself feel for the first time in years.

A few tears slid down her face, but that's all she allowed. She became numb again, but the tears wouldn't stop flowing.

They didn't stop as the door burst open, and police officers filled her house. They didn't stop as Aspen was taken into the ambulance.

For that one second that she made herself feel for the first time in forever, all the pain she kept bottled up just exploded, shattering and screaming, finally making it escape.

Aspen was trying to put those feeling, those tears back to where they belonged, but her body wasn't letting her.

Maybe her body was telling her that it had enough of keeping all her feelings bottled up, all her tears, and all her pain.

Her throat ached as her eyes felt hot with more tears, her vision clouded, and she couldn't stop the sob that escaped her.

Finally, after so many years, she was grieving for her father, letting herself feel the pain.

She wanted to scream, she wanted to punch someone or something, she wanted to throw things around, yell out in frustration, and shout at the world for taking her father away,

But she didn't. Instead, she just cried, and everyone thought she was crying because of what happened, but nobody knew the truth.

Aspen could care less about what happened. She was finally grieving her father after so many years, and she knew it wasn't gonna be easy.

She was finally feeling again, and it hurt so much, and she wanted to become numb again, but she knew that she couldn't.

No matter how much her heart ached and her eyes stung with tears.

- -

Aspen laid in the hospital bed, staring at the ceiling, her eyes ached, and her nose seemed to be puffy, and her throat ached.

She had cried too much, and she hated it. She cried all the sadness away, and now all that was left was anger.

She was angry at her father, angry at her mother, angry at everyone and at the world.

The door to her hospital room opened, and Billy walked in, behind him was Stu.

Stu closed the door behind him, and the two of them walked over to her side.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Billy questioned, his voice surprisingly soft.

"What are you two doing here?" She questioned instead of answering Billy's question.

"We heard what happened, and we came to make sure that you were okay." Stu replied,

"I'm fine." Aspen said, her reply was short and simple, and there was no room for arguments.

"Are you sure?" Billy questioned, sharing a look with Stu, and it felt like they could read her or something.

In one second, she was fine, and the next,she was being pulled into their embrace as she started to cry again.

Aspen hated feeling all the pain and all her emotions.

She absolutely hated it.

----------------------------

Word count - 632

Sorry for the short and late update but hoped you enjoyed!