Chapter Seven : "what if i break up with Sidney?"

-

It was a day later that Aspen went over to Stu's house. Stu's house is huge and minutes away from the nearest neighbor.

The lights were on all over the house, and Aspen walked up the porch stairs. She raised her hand to ring the doorbell, but the door opened before she could.

"Aspie! Welcome, come in, come in." Stu ushered her inside, and she walked inside, stu closed the door and turned to face Aspen.

"We thought you got lost or something." He said with a chuckle, and Aspen looked over at him.

"No, i just took my time walking," Aspen replied, "Where's Randy and Billy?"

"Oh, in the living room, they're watching a movie, and I was just about to order pizza. What kind of pizza do you like?" Stu questioned, and Aspen shrugged.

"Any is fine." Stu nodded ,"Just make yourself comfortable." Stu disappeared into the kitchen, and Aspen went into the living room.

Billy was on the couch, sitting down, his eyes focused on the movie playing on TV. Randy was on the floor, yelling at the characters.

Aspen went over, dropping her bag next to the couch, and she sat down next to Billy, who tore his focus off the movie and towards her.

His eyes seemed to light up as he noticed her sitting next to him. "Aspen, when did you arrive?" He questioned

"Just now." Her reply was simply and short.

Billy hummed and gestured towards the movie, "You ever watch Inviasion of the body snatchers?"

"Yes. I've watched every horror movie to ever exist." Aspen replied, and Billy looked surpised.

"Really?" Aspen nodded her head ,"yes, I'm a big fan of horror."

"You don't like someone who's a fan of horror." Billy told her, and she looked at him, her eyes meeting his.

"No?" Aspen turned to look at Randy, "you didn't tell him about our talks?"

Randy turned around and looked at her before looking at Billy. "He didn't ask." Was his reply.

"What talks?" Billy asked, sending a glare towards Randy, "Randy and I talk about horror movies every day at the blockbuster."

"You do?" Stu asked, jumping over the couch and sitting next to Aspen.

"Yes, we do. Now, enough with the questions about this, we need to start." She told them.

It was about half an hour later that Billy gave up on studying and just put on psycho.

Aspen looked at him, "You need to study." Billy looked over at her, "I already did. I'm giving my brain a much needed break."

"You didn't even study. You haven't opened your book yet." Aspen told him, and Billy shrugged, "My brain needs a break."

Aspen narrowed her eyes at him, and Stu let out a small laugh ,"Billy doesn't like studying at all. Just let him be. He'll just cheat off you like always."

"What? You've been cheating off of me?" Aspen questioned, looking at Billy, who looked at stu with betrayal in his eyes.

"That was supposed to stay a secret, Stu." Billy told him, and Stu shrugged, "You never said how long it was supposed to stay a secret."

Billy sighed, rolling his eyes. "Okay, so yes, I cheated off of you a couple of times, so what? It's not a big deal."

Aspen glared at him, " You should study because next time, you won't be able to cheat off of me."

"Yeah, what's so bad about studying?" Randy asked, and Billy sighed , "It gives people brain damage."

"How about I pay you to study?" Stu suggested, and Billy shook his head, "Nah."

Aspen reached out and turned off the TV, and Billy protested, "Hey, I was watching that!"

"I don't care. You're gonna study or else no psycho." Billy narrowed his eyes at her, but all she did was push his book towards him.

Billy tsk, "Alright, fine, an hour, and that's all. "

- -

Aspen was in the kitchen eating a slice of pizza that she had to warm up a bit, Billy walked into the kitchen, taking her slice of pizza and she glared at him but all he did was smirk at her.

"Don't you want to graduate, Billy?" Aspen suddenly questioned, her voice seemed uncaring like she wasn't actually interested.

"Graduate? Sure, but I want to do it without studying, you know?" Billy replied with a small shrug.

"I don't really care about school like Stu does, I mean, people think a guy like stu wouldn't care about school, but he does, says he wants to get a good job so he wouldn't have to rely on his parents." Billy explained,

"What about college? I'm sure Stu wants to go, how about you?" Aspen questioned, heating up another slice of pizza.

"I haven't really thought that far, I guess I'll just do whatever life has planned for me." Billy answered, grabbing a soda from the fridge.

"How about you? Going to college?" Billy questioned, and Aspen nodded ,"Of course, I have to get a good job and get rich."

Billy looked at her amused, "Oh, so if you're gonna be rich, that means I don't really need to get a job. You can just take care of me." Billy told him, and Aspen huffed.

"No way. Take care of yourself, loomis." Billy let out a small laugh, "Yeah, are you gonna eat that?" He asked, gesturing to the slice of pizza.

"Yes." Aspen replied, sliding the plate away from Billy.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Billy questioned, and Aspen bit into her pizza, staring at Billy.

Billy leaned against the counter, "What if I break up with Sidney? Would you consider dating me?" He asked, staring into her eyes.

"Why would you want to break up with prescott? Thought you loved her?" Aspen questioned, and Billy scoffed.

"Love is a strong word, but no, I don't. I don't love her, I could never love her, but I can love you, I love you," Billy told her, reaching his hand over and placing it on top of hers.

"I love you, and I love Stu, I'll break up with her if it means I get to have a chance with both of you." Billy said, and Aspen pulled her hand back.

"It's not that simple."

------------------------

Word count - 1045

Hope you enjoyed!