Chapter twelve : "waffles?"

-

Aspen and Billy stared down at the destroyed cameras. Aspen lifted her head and looked at Billy. "Are you gonna start explaining, or do I have to read your mind?"

Billy glanced at her, sighing as he started to throw away the destroyed cameras, planning on just dumping it on Roman's doorstep.

"I didn't just want to murder Maureen one day," Billy started, "I didn't even know my dad slept with her until this guy came up to me,"

"His name is Roman bridger, a fucking movie director from Hollywood. Anyway, the guy showed me a film that he made about my dad and Maureen and let's just say, that really pissed me off,"

Aspen listened closely, she listened to every word.

"He gave me the idea to murder Maureen, now I didn't know why he wanted her dead so much, until I did some digging, turns out, Roman, is Maureen's son. Sidney's half brother, guess now we know why Sidney turned out the way she did," Billy continued, finishing putting the destroyed cameras in a trash bag, and tossing it to the side.

"After that, I asked Stu to help me because I knew that he would be loyal, plus, he's just as crazy as we are,"

Aspen hummed, that was true. They were all crazy in there own way.

"Roman knows about Stu, he's been here, put these fucking cameras in the house, and he also knows about you, he knows that you killed Sidney. He wants us to work for him, we kill whoever he says, and we don't ask any questions. He's not working alone, or at least that is what he said, but.." Billy trailed off, glancing towards the living room.

"We can't risk it." Aspen finished, and Billy looked at her again, nodding his head.

"Yeah. Stu can handle himself, I know that, but until I have all the information i need, we can't do anything." Billy told her.

"We should tell him." Aspen said, but Billy shook his head. "No, Stu stays out of this. Like I said, he's crazy just like us, but when he gets in his head, he's unpredictable."

"He won't be so happy being left out Billy. Bad things happen when you don't tell people things they need to know." Aspen told him, reaching out and placing her hand on top of his.

Billy glanced down at their hands, before his eyes met Aspen's. "We have to tell him."

Billy stared at her before they both looked over as Stu walked into the kitchen, yawning.

"B.. you're back." Stu smiled, walking over to Billy and hugging him from the side.

"Yeah, I'm back, doll." Billy sat down in one of the chairs and pulled Stu into his lap.

Stu rested his head on Billy's shoulder, his eyes full of sleep. "Why are you guys in the kitchen?" He muttered

Aspen sent Billy a look, but Billy ignored it. "We just.. making waffles."

"Waffles?" Stu questioned, glancing over at Aspen, who let out a small sighed.

"Yes.. waffles...that we need to learn the recipe to make." Aspen replied

"You guys were gonna make waffles, but you don't even know the recipe?" Stu asked, a small chuckle leaving him.

He stood up from Billy's lap, full of energy now, "I have it around here somewhere.."

Stu started to go through the drawers, "I wrote it down, but because I couldn't even remember it even if I wanted to, it's has to be around here somewhere,"

"It's in a red small journal." Stu told them, and Aspen walked over to him and picking up a red journal that was besides Stu on the counter.

"This one?"

"Yeah! That's the one! Sometimes I just forget where I put it." Stu said with a small laugh, feeling absolutely stupid for not noticing the journal in front of him.

His mind was always moving so fast that he couldn't properly remember things, and it made him feel stupid because he was always doubting himself, and forgetting where he put everything.

"..hey, you okay?" Aspen questioned, noticing that Stu stared at the journal for a minute too long.

Stu's blue eyes met hers, and for a brief second a flash of sadness passed through them before it was gone.

"Yeah, um..the recipe was somewhere around here. I made waffles before, and I told Billy about the journal, didn't I tell you about the journal, Billy?" Stu questioned, glancing at Billy as he flipped through the pages.

Billy shrugged, "I remember something about a red journal, but then again it was 2. Am in the morning, Stu."

Stu sheepishly smiled, "sorry, found it!" Stu passed the journal over to Aspen.

"So, you guys stay up until 2.am?" Aspen questioned, glancing down at the journal, quickly memorizing the recipe.

"Not really, Stu just has trouble sleeping sometimes." Billy replied, watching as Stu pulled out a can of soda.

"Might want to drink something, you'll stay up the whole night if you drink that." Billy reminded him, and Stu shrugged.

"You'll stay up with me." He sent a smile at Billy as the sound of a can opening sounded throughout the kitchen.

Aspen reached over and took the can of soda from Stu, drinking it. Stu looked at her offended, while Billy chuckled.

"Sorry, Stu, I'm the one making the waffles, so I'm the one that needs the drink." Aspen told him, and Stu slightly pouted.

"But I opened it." Aspen shrugged, "Don't matter."

She suddenly grinned a little, "wait, I'm the Injured one. So, that means you two should make the waffles."

"I don't know how to cook." Billy quickly said, it was lie, he knew, his mom made sure of it, but he didn't want to cook. He was just lazy.

Killing was easy for him, but cooking was such a drag.

"I'll cook. I'm pretty sure Billy would let the house burn." Stu spoke up with a small laugh.

"That's true." Billy replied with a small laugh.

Aspen smiled as she watched her boys. Her boys, and she'll be dammed if she let's anyone control or hurt them.

Roman bridger better watch out because Aspen wasn't about to let her boys become someone pawns.

-----------------

Word count - 1044

Hoped you enjoyed!

Only a couple of chapters left!