Chapter Ten : "I'll burn the world with you, if anything happens to him."

-

The news about Sidney, and Tatum being the serial killers spread like a wildfire. By morning, everyone knew about Sidney and Tatum.

Everyone knew that they tried to kill Aspen, and the cops were blaming them on the other murders. Aspen was the only one who knew that Sidney and Tatum didn't kill all those people.

She was their first, and last victim. They didn't even last long enough against her. She didn't feel bad about killing them.

She felt nothing for them, but now she was feeling. It was horrible.

Both Billy, and Stu stayed with her since they arrived last night, and they never left.

Stu had fallen asleep in the chair, curled up with Billy's jacket draped over him. He looked adorable, and Aspen never thought anyone could look adorable, but She thought Stu looked adorable.

Billy didn't sleep at all, and neither did Aspen. Aspen couldn't sleep, she was feeling too many emotions.

She hated feeling those emotions. They were making her human, and she hasn't been human for a long time.

She cried for God sake. She cried in the arms of Billy and Stu. That embarrassed her for some reason.

She was supposed to be strong,this cold hearted, heartless bitch, but instead she broke down, and she cried.

She cried for her father who died years ago, and she was grieving for a father who was long gone.

She was angry. Angry at the world, angry at everyone, but somehow she couldn't find herself getting angry at Billy and Stu.

Somehow being with them made her less angry yet more human.

She didn't want to feel like that. She wanted to go back to feeling no emotion at all, but something inside of her was stopping her, and it scared her.

She was scared of being human, of finally feeling emotion, and finally accepting what happened all those years ago.

A warm hand touched hers, and she looked over, seeing Billy holding her hand. He was rubbing his thumb over her knuckles in a gentle way.

Stu moved a bit, his head rolling to the side, and landing on Billy's shoulder, but he didn't wake up at all.

"Are you okay?" Billy quietly questioned, his eyes meeting hers.

Aspen let out a small sighed, "Fine as I could be." She replied her voice quiet as well.

She didn't want to wake Stu up. Something inside of her felt weird at the thought of waking Stu up when he's sleeping peacefully.

"Don't worry about him. A tornado can pass by, and he'll still be sleeping." Billy told her, glancing at Stu with a small smile on his face.

"How can he sleep like that? Curled up like a cat?" Aspen questioned, she couldn't sleep curled up, it made her back ache, and her legs sore.

Billy hummed, "I ask myself that question all the time. I once asked Stu, but he didn't really give much of a reply, ranting about some fire ants he found instead,"

"His body doesn't ache at all." He added

"Guess, he's always just been a bit different than others, huh?" Aspen said, and Billy slightly chuckled.

"We all are a bit different," a small grin appeared on his face, "especially the three of us, and I think you know why."

His grip on Aspen's hand tighten, and he slightly leaned forward, but not too much.

"Your secret is safe with me, just as long as mine and Stu's secret is safe with you," Billy told her,

"Because I am not only trusting you with this secret, but his life.." Billy threw a glance at Stu, and so did Aspen.

Billy looked back at Aspen, and Aspen looked at him, their eyes meeting once more.

"I am trusting you with his life. I don't care what happens to me, but if anything, and I mean anything happens to him, well, the world's gonna know how much of a fucking monster I am." Billy finished, his grip was tight, tight enough to hurt.

"I won't say anything. I haven't said anything, so why would I? I won't do anything to harm Stu in anyway, Billy," Aspen spoke, looking back at Stu.

"We share the same goal now, and that's protecting him. Trust me when I say this , I'll burn the world with you, if anything happens to him." Aspen promised.

Billy nodded his head, leaning back against the chair.

"We have a lot more to talk about once you get out of here."

---------------------------

Word count - 755

Hoped you enjoyed!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes.