Chapter three : "you take a knife and you slit'em from grion to sternum."

-

Aspen comfortably sat on the chair with her arms folded on the table as she stared at the two cops in front of her.

The cops were questioning everyone at the school, including the janitor about Casey Becker and Steven orth.

"Aspen Winona Winchester, is that right?" Sheriff Burke asked, raising an eyebrow at her name.

"Aspen is just fine. You don't need to use my full name while addressing me." Aspen replied, leaning back a bit.

"As you may now, two of your classmates were murdered last night.." Sheriff Burke started but was cut off by Aspen.

"Look, not trying to sound like a bitch here, but why should I care about two of my classmates getting murdered? That's their problem, not mine." Aspen told them, glancing between Burke and Dewey.

"Where were you last night between 10 -11?" Dewey questioned, sharing a look with Burke.

"At home." Aspen answered, "anyone else with you?" Burke questioned

Aspen gave him a tight smile. "Yeah, my father, though he doesn't talk much since he's in a urn, and he's currently a pile of ash,"

"I was home alone. My mom worked the night shift again, and even if she wasn't, she would've been passed out drunk in her bedroom. I don't need an albi , why? Because I didn't kill Casey and steve," she said , leaning forward

"I wouldn't have wasted my time with them." She stood up, grabbing her bag.

"Well, good luck with finding the killer." With that, she walked out just as the bell rang for lunch.

She walked down the hallway and towards her locker, opening and tossing her bag inside before closing it.

Randy ran up to her, "Aspen! Hi, um, I um, got you a coke, it's Coca-Cola. I was wondering if you would like to sit with me and my friends?"

Aspen took the soda and raised an eyebrow at him. "First, thanks for the soda, and second, don't your friends hate me?"

Randy shrugged, "they'll get over it. The world doesn't revolve around them."

Aspen hummed ,"I'll go with you, but just because you brought me my favorite soda, but you have to know that I don't like you like that, I'm just saying, so you don't think we have a chance together,"

"I am not Sidney, and I am also not a rebound. We can be friends but just strictly friends, but if you need me to pretend to be your girlfriend to have others back off, then I'll be your fake girlfriend." Aspen told him, and Randy sighed.

"Yeah, I had a feeling, but thanks for not rejecting me too harshly . It was actually kinda nice, but friends I can do. I have a very hot babe as a friend," Randy let out a small laugh.

"Come on, everyone else is waiting on us. They're probably betting that you said no. Imagine the surprise on their faces."

- -

"-ask you guys?" Tatum questioned, eyeing Aspen as she sat down next to Randy with her legs crossed.

"They asked me if I knew Casey." Sidney replied with a deep frown on her face.

"Did they ask you guys if you liked to hunt?" Stu suddenly asked, glancing over at Billy for a second.

Billy sat up a bit, "Yeah. They did." He played along, glancing over at Aspen, who was sitting next to Randy.

"Why would they ask if you liked to hunt?" Tatum asked, looking at stu.

"Cause Casey and steve were gutted." Randy told her, and Billy rolled his eyes. "Thank you, Randy." He sarcastically said

Aspen narrowed her eyes at him, noticing the way Billy and Stu looked at each other. She definitely knew at that moment that Billy and stu definitely had something to do with Casey and steve.

"Casey and steve were gutted, guts pulled out and everything, something a hunter would do or some sick psycho whose seen way too many movies." Aspen spoke, causing everyone to turn to look at her.

"They didn't ask us girls if we liked to hunt because they don't think girl could've done that to Casey and steve. Which is totally sexist as fuck." Aspen said, taking a drink from her soda.

"A female could easily be the killer. Basic instinct." Tatum said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"That was an ice pick, not exactly the same thing." Randy told her

"How.. how do you gut someone." Sidney suddenly questioned, making everyone turn to look at her.

"You take a knife, and you slit'em from grion to sternum." Stu answered, making the gesture and Sidney looked uncomfortable.

"It's called tact, fuckrag." Billy spoke up, sending a small warning glare towards stu as if telling him to stop speaking.

Nobody noticed, but Aspen. It was pretty obvious to her who the killers were, but she kept her mouth shut.

She had no evidence to support that thought.

"She shouldn't have asked that question if the answer made her uncomfortable." Aspen said, defending Stu even though she knew it was a rhetorical question, yet she also knew that Stu could be a little slow on that.

He wasn't dumb pure say, but he's just smart in his own way.

Stu seemed to relax, smiling at Aspen while Tatum rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Aspen, nobody asked for your opinion."

"And nobody asked for your existence." Aspen replied

"Ooh!" Stu and Randy laughed, and Tatum glared at Aspen.

"It was a rhetorical question, stu should've known that and not open his stupid mouth." Tatum said, huffing.

Stu frowned, looking down at his lap, and Billy glared at Tatum, curling his hands into fists.

"Yeah? Well, Sidney shouldn't have opened her stupid mouth and asked that stupid question in the first place." Aspen said, defending Stu.

"What did you just say!" Tatum stood, and Aspen did as well.

"What? Are you deaf? Okay, I'll repeat it," Aspen said, stepping closer to Tatum with a glare on her face,

"Sidney shouldn't have opened her stupid mouth and asked that stupid question. you wanna call your boyfriend stupid? Then I'm calling your best friend, stupid." Aspen said, and Tatum scoffed.

"You are such a bitch, Aspen." Aspen laughed, "well, I know that, I am a self aware bitch but do you know that you are a bitch?"

"Calling your boyfriend stupid all the time, hitting him, what you don't think people see that? You are a toxic bitch." Aspen spat out before she walked away.

"Fuck you, Aspen!"

--------------------

Word count - 1085

Hope you enjoyed!

Also, I don't hate Sidney or Tatum. I love them, but They don't get along with Aspen, so sorry!