Second Year: Falling

"I'm going to shit myself," James said as him and Rory walked down to the pitch.

She scrunched her nose. "Ew."

"What?" he frowned. "You saw the new fucking players on the Slytherin team! And don't even get me started on the ginger. Danny? When did he get so huge?"

"We'll be fine James," Rory coaxed, but she was admittedly the most nervous she'd ever been. The new year brought new, actual competition to the table. The newest Slytherin seeker, Tobias Fuller, had been trained day and night and Durmstrang from what Rory had heard, and she was going against him, one on one. Of course she was fucking scared.

Luckily, Gryffindor would be okay in the long run, even if they did lose, since they'd already pocketed a win against Hufflepuff. 

Rory and James mounted their brooms, sleek and new, since Singh's father, who had made quite a lot of money over the summer was able to buy the entire team new brooms just in time for the season to start.

"Ready?" he asked before they joined the rest of their team up in the air.

"Ready," she confirmed.

The two flew up waiting patiently for the announcers to call their names. Rory looked out into the stands and saw a blur of green, red, blue, and yellow. She'd gotten used to the sheer amount of people watching her, since when she played, all of it was tuned out. She was in her element.

The commentator, Georgie Lang, introduced everybody and was going on a tangent about how amazing Tobias Fuller was, which wasn't helping Rory's nerves at all, when the familiar 'brooms up' came, signaling the start of the game. 

She shot into the air and was joined by Tobias, who hovered right next to her. 

"Heard your good for a blood traitor," he sneered.

"Heard your good for a twink," she shot back, which was a joke that was often made the castle about Durmstrang students. Sure, it was a co-educational school, but the school consisted mainly of wizards, from what Rory heard, there were only one or two girls that went to the school. Did Rory really care about sexuality? No. But did she know it would anger him? Yes.

He scowled at her. "Listen, I don't care how good you think you are, I'm not losing to a 2nd year girl. Especially not a Kensington."

"We'll see about tha-" Rory started, but a bludger was heading straight to her body. She easily dodged, and saw Tobias smirk at her. She opened her mouth to say something else, but the same bludger flew right back toward her. She yelped and ducked, looking back to see who hit it at her, but there were no beaters in sight. She frowned, confused, but continued to fly around in the air, looking for the snitch. Tobias was close behind her, but she ignored him. She couldn't let him mess her game up.

She looked down to see what the score was, and was relieved to see Gryffindor winning, but not by much. She watched as James easily threw another quaffle in through the hopes, earning Gryffindor another 10 points and she smiled in pride.

Her small moment of happiness was short lived, since a bludger flew right back at her. Why did they keep coming? She dodged and continued to fly around until she was met with the familiar glint of golden in the grey sky. Too easy.

She flew after it, Tobias only realizing when she was miles ahead of him and she grinned to herself. Whatever happened to him not losing to a Kensington? She was in arms reach of it, when a bludger flew back at her. She dodged, but not without it barely scraping the top of her head. She was back on course for the snitch, but the bludger flew back. It was cursed. She managed to dodge, but by this time, Tobias had caught up to her.