ch. 17

💛y/n pov💛

"What is it?" I reply. He shows me a picture of us last night. Walking on the sidewalk. To his car. Holding hands.

"When should we go public? It feels like they're begging for it." he says, turning his phone off.

"They're not, but if you really want to...we could do it today." I reply.

"Actually? Are you sure?" he questions.

"Of course I'm sure. Honestly, I've been wanting to do this since the day we kissed for truth or dare. I wanted to caption the post 'dating! #false#thisisnottrue#dontbelieveme#clickbait'."

"That would've been so funny if people didn't get the memo." he laughs.

"Alright, do you need to go to the bathroom or take a shower?" I ask.

"Nope. I just thought you needed to see that picture." he replies.

"Then let's go back to bed, huh?" I run and jump onto his bed, Walker right behind me.

We cuddle close to each other. He looks at the clock and says "We only have about an hour before we have to get back up. So, good night, sweetheart."

He kisses my forehead and I say "Good night, again." I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep.

-----

I hear Walker's alarm and get up to turn it off, but then I see the clock. It's 7:00?!?

"WALKER!" I scream and he jumps out of bed. "What? What?" he says still half asleep.

"It's 7:00! We have to leave in 30 minutes!" I walk into the bathroom and start brushing my hair.

"Why do we have to get ready? Why can't we just sleep?" he says while laying back down in bed.

I put down my hairbrush and drag him out of bed. "Because you need to get dressed in clothes that are not pajamas. Speaking about clothes that are not pajamas..." I run downstairs and find a Kroger bag on the kitchen counter.

Mrs. Scobell walks in and says "Oh, those are your clothes, y/n. Your mom dropped that bag off about 30 minutes ago." She smiles and walks into the next room.

"Thanks, Mrs. Scobell!" I say as she walks away. I grab the bag and run back upstairs.

--time skip to in the car, on the way to the set--

"Does my hair look good?" "Yes." "And my makeup?" "Yes, y/n." "What about my clothes?" "Y/n!" Walker laughs.

"I'm just making sure!" I laugh with him.

We soon arrive at set. We were told to go straight to the makeup trailer, so we did. 

In the makeup trailer, there was Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Aniston, who are playing Walker's parents. 

Then there was Anne Hathaway, who is my mom in the movie. She's playing a single mother.

Me and Walker sat down next to each other and got our makeup and hair done.

Walker had to stay back in the makeup trailer to fix his curls, so I continued on to the costume trailer. 

I was going to be wearing cargo pants and a skin-tight long-sleeve shirt. I had to put on a lot of jewelry: necklaces, bracelets, rings, everything. Once I had everything on, I went back to my trailer to learn my sides.

When I walked into my trailer, I found cookies on the couch, right next to my mom and my agent.

"Mom! Brittany!" I hug them and sit down on the couch next to them.

"Hi, sweetie! Your mom was just telling me about your relationship with Walker. Just so you know, if you guys break up, it could-" 

I interrupt her "Ruin the show. I know. You tell me this every time I have a love interest in my movies. But, trust me, we're fine!"

"Okay..." Brittany says, looking at my mom.

I decide to learn my sides with Walker. I go looking for him, and he's sitting on an extra couch in a random corner with his dad.

"Hey, do you wanna learn lines together?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure. My dad was filling in for you."

"Yeah, I'm probably gonna find your mom. She's probably doing something she shouldn't be." his dad gets up and leaves awkwardly.

I sit down next to him and he lays down on my lap. I start playing with his hair by default.

The movie starts with his line: "In the words of Ashe, 'some people fall in love with the wrong people sometimes.' That's not what our story is like. We, me and her, we're like the two pieces to a broken heart. Together, but always apart. Today, that's what she and I experienced for the first time. Being apart."

We finish up the scene and he says "That was great! Maybe a little more acting, though?"

I gasp. "Are you criticizing me?" I pick up one of the pillows and hit him in the head with it.

"I actually was, princess." As soon as he says this, his dad and my mom come over and say at the same time "You're on!"

a/n: 819 words! thanks for reading!!! love you all!<33 sry for this one being really short but the next one is gonna be a lot better sry again😭