ch. 16

💛y/n pov💛

--time skip to the day before the start of filming--

I didn't block him. Not after everything we'd been through. I just didn't text him.

I cancelled the sleepover on Thursday with Aryan because I knew he would ask Walker to come just for us to make-up. That's why I love Aryan. He's the sweetest.

But I couldn't see him. I just couldn't. My entire life had fallen to pieces after we broke up, and there was nothing I could do but look at every comment that said something like 'they don't seem like they're spending that much time together anymore...'

They didn't get it. Maybe they understood because of what they'd been through, but this seemed different. Different than the movies. Different than the fame. Different from us.

Today is Wednesday. I haven't interacted with anyone other than myself, the girls, and Aryan in the past week. It seems unhealthy, but I beg to differ.

My family and I flew to Maine, where the movie is being filmed, on Monday. I'm still a bit jet-lagged, but it's whatever. We have been living in an air bnb for the past two days.

Tonight, the main cast and directors/producers are going out to dinner to 'get to know each other.'

I am going to see Walker for the first time since the break-up.

The dinner starts at 6:00, and since it's 4:07, I'd better go get ready! 

-----

I wait outside my house with my family until a car pulls up. "OUR OWN LIMO?!?" Lizzie squeals and runs into the car.

My parents get in after her, and I get in last. The inside is decorated with hearts and lightning bolts to match the theme of the movie.

I am wearing a simple red mini-dress with gold jewelry, also to match the theme.

a/n: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/620300548705464051/ for inspo

Eventually we get to the place we're eating at, The Cheesecake Factory. Everyone is already there; we're not a very punctual family.

Finally, I see Walker. He's wearing a regular suit and tie with silver rings.

Oh gosh. I don't think I can do this. He looks so hot, but he betrayed me.

I grab my mom's arm as we're going to the table and whisper "I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick."

"Are you feeling okay?" she replies, knowing what happened.

"Yeah, yeah, I just feel like it would be better right now rather than in the middle of the dinner."

"Alright, sweetie. Text me if you need something. I have candy in my purse." she smiles and walks away.

I smile back and walk into the bathroom. It's a one-stall. I hate one-stalls. Why have a big ass restaurant with only one bathroom stall per gender?

I stay in there for about 20 minutes. I can't face him. I just can't.

I hear knocking on the door. "Occupied!" I yell. "Y/n, it's me. Can we talk?" he says.

I know it's him and say "I don't want to talk to you, Walker. If you have anything to say, just say it now. Get it off your chest. But don't think I'm going to be saying sorry just because of what you're about to say."

He starts "I messed up. I'm sorry. You don't even know what really happened!"

"Then tell me the truth, Walker!" I get off the floor and open the door.

I look at him, and realize what I just did. He's been crying recently. I can tell. I see tears well up in his eyes. "What happened?" I ask.

He told me the truth. All of it. Every single word that was said in my closet was repeated right in the doorway of that bathroom.

Once he was done, I said "Wow."

Walker says "Yeah. I would've texted you, but it didn't seem like a great time."

I reply "Of course it wasn't a good time! I thought you cheated on me."

He hugs me and says "I would never do that. You're too special."

We let go and I immediately say "I love you."

He chuckles and says "I love you too."

We go back to the table and eat dinner. I ask my mom if I can sleepover at Walker's house and...

She asks "Are you guys back together?"

I nod and smile as she says "Sure. Make good choices." She kisses my forehead as I walk to Walker's rental car.

-----

I wake up in the night to arms around my waist. I don't want to move, but I have to go to the bathroom.

I try to slip his arms off, but he groans "No, don't leave. I just got you back."

"I'm just going to the bathroom! Also I need to text my mom to bring me clothes." I had fallen asleep in just a bra, one of Walker's hoodies, and a pair of his sweatpants.

"But I like seeing you in my hoodie." Holy. His sleepy voice is so...iykyk.

"I shouldn't be wearing pajamas to set, Walker."

"Fine. Go to the bathroom already!" he replies turning over on his other side.

I get up and go to the bathroom. While peeing, I text my mom:

messages

today, 4:38 AM

y/n

hey mom could you bring me some clothes

i don't think i can wear walker's clothes to set anyway

mama❤️

No, you cannot.😂

I'll bring you some clothes around 6 AM.

For now, go back to bed! You need a good night's sleep.

I love you!😘

y/n

i love you too❤️

-----

I put my phone down and finish going to the bathroom.

After I wash my hands, Walker knocks on the door. "You almost done?"

I open the door and say "Yeah. What's up?"

"There's something I need to show you."

a/n: 914 words! thanks for reading!!! love you all!<33 listening to heartless - the weeknd rn🎧