Yandere rise! donnie x gn! reader |happy valentine's day!|

It was Valentine's day, unfortunately. You didn't particularly care for the holiday, though you didn’t necessarily hate it with a passion or anything. It just wasn't for you.

Passing a group of girls holding stuffed bears and boxes of chocolates in the hallway, however, caused a sad feeling in the pit of your stomach. You envied them, holding the straps of your bag a little closer to your chest. You felt a bit embarrassed not carrying anything, though usually it was the opposite.

Nonetheless you continued on with your day, trying to ignore the heart decor around the school, loving couples in the hallway and random teachers decked out in valentine's day themed sweaters and other accessories. (were they compensating for something?).

The more the day drew on the more desensitized to it, the bright reds and pinks annoying you more than making you upset. What were you meant to do about it anyway?

At the end of this sugar-coated and quiet annoying day, you pulled open your locker and gasped in surprise. Sitting on the first shelf was a white, glossy box wrapped in a big red ribbon. Fake rose petals littered the bottom of your locker, little fake candles scattered around flickering your locker with yellow light on top of the bright white light of the school hallway. You stood there, a bit stunned.

Was this a joke, a prank? You felt your stomach twist. You hoped it wasn’t, but you looked around for a group of kids trying to hide away.

  Finding nothing, your gaze returned to the box, upon further inspection the module had a pink envelope on it, with big and pretty calligraphy on it titling the letter.

              ‘To my beloved Y/N’

  Your interest was piqued, reaching out and grabbing the letter. Your heart thumped in your chest, it was obviously for you, it had your name on it after all. You started to doubt that even, perhaps this person messed up and got the wrong Y/N’s locker? The envelope had a small heart sticker closed it, gently peeling it back so as to not hurt the pink paper.

You were surprised to see some notebook paper and a card. Taking the card out gingerly, you read the cover.

‘You turtle-ly got my heart valentine!’

Just a cheesy Valentines day card, with a cartoon tortoise with a giant heart on its shell with big bubble letters; ‘B Mine’. You couldn’t help a small chuckle, opening up the card. The writing was neat and written in an almost cursive font

There was a small red text on the right side that obviously was part of the card, but the handwriting was just as fancy and neat. You set down your bag, reading the text.

‘Happy Valentine's day, my love. I am so very sorry I cannot be there to hold you myself this day of love, but that time has not yet come. But soon. Have this gift as a token of my love, for you’ve stolen my very heart. Soon yours will belong to me, I promise.’ 

For some reason, the text had a very..presumptuous tone. It rubbed you the wrong way, and you couldn't figure out exactly what that first bit meant. You shrugged it off, not everyone you don't know personally is out to get you.

Perhaps this person is planning on confessing to you soon, though the idea of that happening seemed surreal. Someone had a crush on you, and seemed pretty damn serious about it too.

Your eyes returned to the white box, to be honest just about anything could be in it. Tucking the card back into your back pocket, you pulled out the notebook paper. The first line made you frown.

‘I know about that silly little crush you had.’

You admittedly had a small crush on someone at school, though it was more of a hallway infatuation than anything serious. How did this person even know about that though,? you hadn’t even bothered to mention that to your closest friends.

The person’d been missing for a few weeks now..your heart began to thump in your chest a bit faster, and not for a good reason.

‘-- I forgive you, though. You obviously didn't understand how much I love you. So, to prove I'm willing to do anything for our relationship, for you, I took care of that nuisance! With that little problem out of the way there’ll be no distractions from me, from us.

I love you so very deeply Y/N, more than I've ever loved anything really. You own my thoughts and every waking breath, I can't get your eyes and smile out of my very dreams. Every good thing is for you, every sunrise and every little thing those dime-a-dozen love songs preach is all in your name.

I can’t help but see you everywhere, I can't help but want to keep each thing that reminds me of you close. I would tear the world down for you, do you understand that? Do you understand how much I love you? You will, soon. I’m your lover, Y/N.’

You felt sick to your stomach, this was beyond concerning and had breached major red flag territory. Your heart hammered in your chest, your throat closing as swallowing began to grow into a hard task. You wanted to cry, if this was a joke it most certainly was not funny.

You once again looked to the box, afraid of what was in it. You half expected it to be a head, and in a sort of daze you grabbed it from its shelf. It felt heavy, but with just a small breath of relief not as heavy as you’d imagine a human head to be. You slowly unwrapped the ribbon, feeling as though you didn’t have a choice. Inside was-

Chocolate? It was in the shape of a human heart, anatomically correct and everything.  Maybe this situation wasn’t exactly as dire as you feared, it was concerning and made you shiver, but it was just chocolate.

You picked it up, feeling how heavy it was, maybe it was just solid chocolate? Your phone let out a loud buzz, signaling you would be late to leave and you dropped the heart. With and annoyed sigh, you silenced your phone and looked back into the box.

A bit of chocolate broke off, having a red liquid on it. Jam or a filling perhaps? You tilted your head, living up the piece with the intent of eating it, but upon further inspection..it was not jam.

Your heart skipped a beat when crimson blood trickled from the piece and onto your hand…it wasn't just chocolate after all.