!2012! Mikey x gn! Reader

When Mikey had told his brothers about his online relationship, they didn't believe him at all

They thought he was making you up at first, but when Mikey in turn, provided proof of your existence, they assumed you were catfishing him- which of course wasn't the case at all.

When he had texted you all this, distressed you got angry at his brothers and stayed on call with him all night to comfort him. Of course, he kept his camera off always, he was convinced if you knew he was a turtle you, to, would call him a freak and never speak to him again.

Eventually, his brothers doubts started to melt away as time passed on and you were still chatting with him and, well, being his partner virtually.

You tried your best to reply to all the videos he would send you and the spam of memes. You would listen to him infodump or vent, and you would  always take his struggles seriously.

It doesn't matter what other people say, virtual love is love.

The day finally came when you asked the big question..

"Hey babe?"

Mikey took a second to unmute his mic.

"Yes angel cake?"

"Can I ask a question? You don't have to answer if you don't want too."

"Pssh- babes, you know me! It would have to take a lot to make the mikester uncomfortable."

You giggled at his antics.

"How come you never show your face?"

Mikey was silent for a long time, you began to think he actually left the call.

"Mikey?"

"I'm here.."

He said in a real quiet and soft voice.

"You don't have to answer the question if you don't want to-"

"It's just that- I'm afraid if I show you what I really look like you won't like me anymore and I'll loose the best thing that ever happened to me."

He said quickly. You felt your heart a
Shatter and melt at the same time, how can he be that insecure? He must have been bullied or something.

"Mikey I promise no matter what you look like I won't stop loving you. Your silly and sweet and kind, you listen to me, you give me so much love and attention- I love you Mikey. What you look like won't change that."

You waited for Mikey to respond, and you heard him shuffling around.

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise."

You confirmed, unable to hide the smile such childish promises gave you. That was a perk to dating Mikey, you were in touch with your inner child, and you weren't embarrassed about it at all.

"Okay..."

You held in a breath as you cradled your phone screen in your hands. His little icon went away and a-

Turtle man with an orange mask as starring back at you expectantly.

Your face was blank as your brain was processing what you were seeing. This was obviously the last thing you expected when thinking on Mikey's camera shyness.

His face became distressed as you didn't have an immediate reaction and he quickly left the call.

On Mikey's end he was panicking. He can't believe he just showed you what he really looked like! You were gonna text him any minute now to end things- you weren't gonna date a turtle freak like him!

On you end you were starring off into space and rethinking your life choices. You loved Mikey from the bottom of your heart but understanding or not finding out you've been texting, calling and sending questionable pictures to a turtle person required thought.

You got over the shock rather quickly and spammed Mikey to call you back. It was hours before he replied and even then it was a simple

'K'

You winced and clicked the call button and waited for him to pick up.

"Mikey?"

"..."

"I'm glad you decided to tell me..I juste any you to know I don't see you any different okay?"

Was that a small fib? Yes. But you also knew how insecure Mikey could get and you had to tell him what he needed to hear in that moment.

"You don't need to lie to me, I saw the way you looked at me."

"I just needed to process...everything Mikey. It's a lot. But I still love you, no less or no greater than before."

Mikey was quiet, so you went on.

"So what if your a..turtle? Your still Mikey, and your still my boyfriend. I don't care. My point still stands, I don't give a flying fuck what you look like."

You heard Mikey softly giggle.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Thanks babycakes.. I don't even know what to say."

"Tell me about your day then."

"Oh! Okay. Leo wanted us to train better so he took us to the docs..."

You spent the rest of the night listening to him with a smile.