!Rise! Donnie x Reader |Hurt/comfort|

((A trigger warning before the chapter starts! There will be mentions of blood and other unsettling medical situations

((A trigger warning before the chapter starts! There will be mentions of blood and other unsettling medical situations. Viewer discretion is advised))

Coming back from a solo mission Donnie made sure to limp back into his lab quietly, he couldn't have his brothers seeing him in this state. The shame was already eating him up that he let himself get hurt this bad on a mission.

He opened the lab door, trying not to put pressure on his left leg at all. He hissed everytime his foot grazed the floor. Limping to the medical table, he cursed when he saw the trail of blood droplets he was spreading.

He'd clean it up later, he decided. Right now he just needed to focus on the bleeding.

With bitter shamefulness, Donnie grabbed a nearby medical kit (assembled by himself) and pulled out the medical needle and thread. The laceration on his upper thigh was definitely going to need stitches to stop bleeding.

****

You stepped into the lair, slinging your bag off of your shoulder near the entrance and was about to tell your arrival. However the small droplets of blood on the floor grabbed your attention.

Immediately you were on guard, sucking in a sharp breath. You saw the blood led into the lair, and your stomach sank to the floor.

You followed the trail, tip toeing as to not make any noise while doing so. Whatever happened, whoever hurt your friends, they were going to pay. You grabbed a rolling pin from the kitchen as a weapon.

The trail led all the way to Donnies lab which was shut. You cursed softly, there was no way in unless--

You looked at the key pad and racked your memory for the key code. Your sure you've had to have seen it at least thousands of times, you couldn't remember what it was.

You thought you couldn't waste any time so you just plunged in the number seven five times.

What do you know, it worked.

You could hear something falling the minute you came in, followed by a pained hiss, and with all of your courage you burst into the room with the rolling pin raised over your head, ready for attack.

Donnie laid on his medical table, his leg drawn up to his chest with medical thread in his mouth. He just stared at you with wide, surprised eyes and you just stared back.

Your face flushed with embarrassment and you cleared your throat, putting the rolling pin down.

Your eyes widened as you saw exactly what Donnie was doing, immediately running over.

"Donnie are you giving yourself stitches?"

"Y/n you shouldn't be here-"

Donnie said uncomfortably through clenched teeth. His hands were sticky and shaking, coated in his own blood.

"We agreed to hang out today."

You replied sternly.

Realization dawned on Donnie's face, which quickly melted to embarrassment. He groaned softly, softly twitching his thigh. Your eyes were drawn to his wound and you grimaced.

"Let me help-"

He grabbed your hand with force.

"I've got it."

His breathing was heavy, you couldn't possibly grasp how much pain he was in. But he was being stubborn, the stitches looked fucked up at best, the medic stuff was usually Leo's job.

You rested your hand on Donnies, looking to him pleadingly. 

"Donnie..please."

He cursed loudly and yanked his hand away. With a loud huff he gave you a quick nod and gently rested his leg back down so you could access it.

With a shaky, bloody hand he gave you the needle and began to suck in breaths. He took off his mask and bit down on it as you re-threaded the needle and began to stitch him up.

You were quick and mostly painless, after all, medical needles were sharp for a reason. And you weren't shaking nearly as bad as he was. Donnie watched you as you bent over his thigh, hanging a hand on the appendage and the other focused on closing his wound up.

After you sprayed him with some disinfectant he flinched away from and began to wrap up the wound.

"Where are the others?"

"What?"

He said shakily.

"Leo, raph Mikey?"

He nodded, his eyes squeezing shut.
"On a mission by themselves."

"Donnie why were you on a solo mission of they couldn't be backup."

"Obviously it wasn't problem, I'm fine."

"I just had to give you stitches."

He shot a glare at you, which you returned with more fire.

"I'm serious don..you can't just throw yourself in these situations."

He rolled his eyes.

"You sound like raph."

"He has a point y'know!"

You sighed, rubbing your temples.

"Your not gonna tell him are you?"

"I don't think I'll have to. You can't walk on that leg until it heals. You'll bust the stitches."

"I knew that! Just..I would like to tell him myself..deal with raph being overbearing and leave you out of it."

You smiled softly

"Okay.."

"Could you stay? Uh..to watch a movie while I wait for my impending doom?"

"You make it sound like raph's gonna suplex you."

"Worse; he's going to tell Papa and get me grounded."

You rolled your eyes, hopping up on the table with him.

"How horrible."

"Indeed! I can't live without my phone!"

You chuckled.

"I know Donnie..what movie are you going to put on?"

"Well I was thinking.."

You couldn't help but have a sense of worry over Donnies health, and a sick feeling this won't be the last time he gets himself hurt.