Chapter 42: Advanced Speed Talent?

TL: Etude

The Black Panther Wolf was a low-level beast, but its speed surpassed that of most mid-level beasts. What was even more important was that people had spotted the Black Panther Wolf near Linhai Base. However, due to its incredible speed, even elite martial warriors couldn't catch up with it, so they had given up on hunting it.

"Xiao Qianye Forest," Ye Tian muttered as he looked at the information. This was where the Black Panther Wolf had been spotted!

Ye Tian didn't know much about Xiao Qianye Forest, only that it was vast, reportedly stretching for thousands of miles. The part near Linhai Base was just a small section or perhaps a branch of it. Located 18 kilometers west of Linhai Base, few martial warriors ventured into Xiao Qianye Forest. The main reason was that the outskirts of the forest had few beasts, mostly just ferocious animals. Only when one went several miles deep into the forest would they encounter beasts, including mid-level and even high-level ones. The deeper one went into Xiao Qianye Forest, the more dangerous it became. However, the beasts in Xiao Qianye Forest rarely ventured out, so they posed little threat to Linhai Base.

"My cultivation speed has slowed down considerably. Xiao Qianye Forest is indeed a good place for training. If I can find the Black Panther Wolf, I'll achieve my goal. If not, I can still replicate any suitable talents I come across and cultivate there for a while," Ye Tian thought.

In fact, he had long wanted to venture out. After all, Linhai Base was just a small base with limited resources, making it difficult to find suitable talents to replicate. Staying here would only hinder his cultivation speed. Previously, he had been concerned about his sister, but now that she had started cultivating and the threat from the Mo family had been eliminated, everything should be fine as long as he hired a few bodyguards to protect her.

"Who should I get to protect my sister?" Ye Tian pondered.

Suddenly, he thought of someone—Wind Wolf. Wind Wolf was the leader of the Wind Wolf Hunting Squad, which mostly stayed within the base to maintain order. The squad was quite capable, and as long as no elite martial warriors took action, they could handle the situation. Moreover, he didn't need the Wind Wolf Hunting Squad to protect his sister Ye Yu all the time, just to covertly keep an eye on her and intervene if she ran into trouble. They had plenty of members, so sending one or two would suffice. It was a minor matter.

So, Ye Tian personally went to find Wind Wolf and offered ten vials of mid-level beast blood as compensation. Wind Wolf naturally agreed immediately.

...

Xiao Qianye Forest.

Ye Tian arrived here and as soon as he entered the forest, he saw towering trees that were incredibly large, reaching heights of tens of meters, some even over a hundred meters. Each tree had a diameter of two to four meters. After walking for several hundred meters, Ye Tian found that the information was accurate. The outskirts had almost no beasts, just some ferocious animals. It was as if Xiao Qianye Forest had a strict hierarchy: ferocious animals could only live in the outskirts, while beasts lived deeper inside but couldn't casually enter the area of the ferocious animals. Of course, this was just speculation and had not been verified.

After running for several miles and passing numerous giant trees, he finally began to see some beasts and stopped. He had to be cautious here, as he could occasionally encounter high-level beasts. Some powerful high-level beasts and those with special talents were not something he could handle at the moment.

For several days, Ye Tian searched this area for the Black Panther Wolf but found nothing. However, he did manage to hunt several mid-level beasts and obtained a good amount of mid-level beast blood, so he didn't have to worry about that for a while.

"If only I had a talent for wide-range sensing, I might be able to find the Black Panther Wolf quickly," Ye Tian fantasized.

As he walked, Ye Tian was thrilled to discover tracks resembling those of leopards or wolves. Not just one or two, but a whole group.

"Black Panther Wolves are somewhat like wolves but are actually a type of leopard. Their paw prints look very similar to these tracks on the ground. Maybe it's a group of Black Panther Wolves," Ye Tian speculated.

Whether it was true or not, he had to check it out.

So, Ye Tian activated triple speed and followed the paw prints. After sprinting for several miles, he stopped. At that moment, he felt a strong surge of elemental energy.

"There's a battle ahead!"

Ye Tian's expression turned serious. It was unlikely to encounter humans here, so it must be beasts. It was normal for beasts to fight each other; after all, there were many different groups of beasts, and they couldn't all coexist peacefully. Even within the human race, there were conflicts and fights.

He moved forward several hundred meters, and the sounds of battle grew louder, accompanied by strange cries.

"That is..."

Ye Tian saw a clearing where numerous giant trees had already fallen. About a thousand Black Panther Wolves were attacking a large gorilla, but the one with the upper hand was the gorilla.

"A high-level beast, and not just any high-level beast. It's one with combat power comparable to a peak-level martial warrior!"

Ye Tian dared not reveal his presence and did his best to hide, even activating his Shadow Talent to blend into the shadows of the giant trees. This gorilla's combat power was similar to Qing Lao's, whom he had met before, and was much stronger than he was. He was not a match for it, and his speed was a disadvantage. If he were to fight this gorilla, he wouldn't be able to escape. His Shadow Talent wouldn't be able to deceive a high-level beast; he could only rely on his top-tier Healing Talent to save his life.

But if he couldn't escape, being continuously beaten by the gorilla might actually kill him.

"Can't mess with that gorilla," Ye Tian decided, shifting his focus to the Black Panther Wolves.

These Black Panther Wolves were his target, but they were faring very poorly. Hundreds had already been killed in battle, yet they hadn't fled and were still attacking the gorilla fearlessly.

"Ah, these Black Panther Wolves are so foolish. If you can't win, just run. Why fight to the death?" Ye Tian shook his head, thinking the Black Panther Wolves were irrational.

Suddenly, Ye Tian's eyes lit up as they landed on one of the Black Panther Wolves.

No, it should be called a Golden Panther Wolf because its entire body was golden, making it look incredibly noble.

And it was indeed noble. It was a mid-level beast, and its speed was even faster than the gorilla's. The gorilla couldn't catch it, but this Golden Panther Wolf couldn't break through the gorilla's defense either.

"Wow, this Golden Panther Wolf's speed talent must be higher than that of the regular Black Panther Wolves. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so extraordinary. It's a mid-level beast but is faster than a high-level peak beast like the gorilla. It's unbelievable. Could it be an advanced speed talent?"

The thought made Ye Tian's breath quicken.

If he could acquire this talent, his strength would undoubtedly skyrocket!