Chapter 63: The Power of the Elephant

TL: Etude

Upon entering the Demon Sea Base Administration Office, Ye Tian discovered that there were not many people there. However, upon reflection, this made sense; this was a place for identity verification and virtually everyone at the Demon Sea Base already had identification. Only those whose Yuan¹ Identity Cards had been damaged would come here for replacements. Thus, few people came to handle business here.

Ye Tian arrived at a window, reported his background, and filled out an extensive amount of paperwork. The last step to officially becoming a resident of the Demon Sea Base was to go to the tenth floor to make a payment. The fee was steep—50 million units per person. To the average individual in the Demon Sea Base, this amount was astronomical, but for newcomers who wanted to become a part of the base, this was the hefty price to pay. Otherwise, wouldn't warriors from smaller bases all flood into the Demon Sea Base?

Lacking the currency of the Demon Sea Base, Ye Tian made a trip to the neighboring Demon Sea Bank and exchanged 100 million units. After paying the fee, he successfully processed two Yuan Identity Cards. As for Xiao Jin, his pet beast, it didn't need an identity card; registering at the Beast Management Office was sufficient.

Afterwards, Ye Tian also applied for two bank cards at the Demon Sea Bank. These were similar to the bank cards from his previous life, but the cards from the Demon Sea Bank were special, engraved with simple magic patterns that could store information. To apply for a bank card, one needed to possess a yuan Identity Card. Having completed the identity verification process for himself and Ye Yu, Ye Tian was now eligible to apply for bank cards.

With the identity cards sorted and the bank cards in hand, Ye Tian next visited the Beast Management Office to register Xiao Jin. One could say that Ye Tian had taken care of the most basic matters since arriving at the Demon Sea Base.

The next item on his agenda was to purchase property. With abundant funds converted into the currency of the Demon Sea Base, amounting to a staggering 800 million, Ye Tian had more than enough to buy a villa. This was capital he had accumulated over two years.

Although he couldn't afford a villa in the core area of the Demon Sea Base, he didn't aspire to such extravagance. After some selection, Ye Tian purchased a small villa in a community near the core area for about 300 million. One of the villa's greatest advantages was its soundproofing magic array, which could block outside noise. It also had a cultivation room with more concentrated Yuan Force compared to the outside world, speeding up cultivation by about 30%.

...

"Brother, is this our new home?" Ye Yu exclaimed excitedly upon arriving at the villa. Although the villa was smaller than their old one, to her, who had never seen a modern villa, it was a hundred times better, and she was curious about many things.

Ye Tian, although visiting the Demon Sea Base for the first time and seeing a modern villa of this era, was not as curious as Ye Yu. The villas of this time were not much different from those of his previous life. Actually, most of what the people of the Demon Sea Base had developed were mere imitations of items from over a hundred years ago, so Ye Tian was not unfamiliar with them.

Over the next few days, Ye Tian went on a shopping spree to decorate their new home, ensuring it wouldn't feel too empty. At the same time, he also began to familiarize himself with all aspects of the Demon Sea Base.

In the cultivation room, Ye Tian looked at a recently purchased massive pillar, a power-testing pillar. He had seen such things before in Linhai Base, but the equipment there was undoubtedly rudimentary. The pillar in front of him was more advanced, capable of accurately testing even a Grandmaster-level attack.

What intrigued Ye Tian was that the Demon Sea Base didn't use the term "jin" for attack power beyond the Grandmaster level; instead, they used "elephant."² One "elephant" of power was equivalent to one million jin of force. This was not an ordinary elephant but an ancient colossal pachyderm, a high-level fierce beast. Its body had a power level of one million jin, and almost all ancient pachyderms possessed this level of strength.

This elephant was no ordinary beast, but rather a primeval mammoth, a type of high-level fierce animal. Its physical strength measured a staggering million jin. Almost all ancient mammoths possessed this level of power. Hence, people adopted the 'elephant' as a unit of force. After all, as one's cultivation level increased, if one continued to use 'pounds' as a unit, the numbers could escalate into the tens or even hundreds of millions of jin, which would sound bizarre.

The 'elephant' unit was generally accepted by Grandmasters and was considered much more refined than the 'pound' unit.

Boom!

Ye Tian's fist struck the force-measuring pillar. The display read '232356,' indicating that Ye Tian's strength amounted to 232,356 jin—a highly accurate measurement. This was Ye Tian's pure physical strength!

Immediately afterward, Ye Tian activated his strength talent and added the amplification from his Yuan Force.

Another boom resonated as the force-measuring pillar shook. A new number appeared: '4.6,' accompanied by a small elephant icon. This did not signify 4.6 jin but rather represented 4.6 'elephants' of force, equivalent to 4.6 million jin.

Next, Ye Tian wielded an intermediate-level Yuan-powered knife and struck the pillar with all his might. A figure '27.6' appeared on the pillar, representing 27.6 elephants of force, or 27.6 million jin. Such a level of attacking power was considered quite good even among Grandmasters. The weakest of Grandmasters could only exert just over two elephants of attacking power.

Of course, such Grandmasters were the weakest among their ranks. In the Demon Sea Base, they occupied only mid-tier positions and were far from the upper echelons.

"According to the data from the Demon Sea Base, the limit of a Grandmaster's physical strength is 50 million jin, or 50 elephants. With Yuan power amplification, they can exert up to 100 elephants of force. Even a peak Grandmaster with no special talents could kill me instantly. I'm still weak within the Demon Sea Base," Ye Tian thought to himself.

What Ye Tian appreciated about the Demon Sea Base was its strict legal system. Just like in his previous life, the base had stringent laws against illegal activities. Even people from big families couldn't bully ordinary individuals.

In contrast, in other bases where it seemed that killing was prohibited, if someone from a big family actually killed someone, no one would intervene. But it was different in the Demon Sea Base. Even if a Grandmaster intentionally killed an ordinary person, they could be imprisoned for hundreds of years or even sentenced to death in severe cases.

Such a conducive environment contributed to the prosperity of the Demon Sea Base.

Of course, once outside the base, skirmishes still occurred frequently. Such incidents were inevitable and could not be prevented.

"Next, I have two tasks: first, to enroll my sister in school. The Demon Sea Base has schools for Martial Warriors, where she could get a better education. The second task is to find cultivation talents above top-level and copy them to transform my own cultivation talent," Ye Tian planned.

Since the second task depended on luck, worrying about it was pointless. For now, he focused on the first.

So, he called his sister Ye Yu over, "Sis, shall I take you to school tomorrow?"

"Sure!" Ye Yu nodded.

She knew her brother was busy. Usually, he was nowhere to be seen, always secluded in solitary cultivation. She was often bored, as her pet Xiao Jin couldn't talk to keep her company. Compared to that, she preferred going to school where she could at least make some friends.

"Great, I'll take you to school tomorrow then," Ye Tian said, patting Ye Yu's head with a smile.