Chapter 117: The Circle of Kings!

TL: Etude

Nighttime.

Ye Tian finally had a moment to himself and remembered the high-level Soul Transfer Talent he had copied.

"Merge!" Ye Tian commanded mentally.

Boom!

A terrifying soul metamorphosis began. At that moment, Ye Tian felt as though his soul was being kneaded and transformed by an unknown force. The pain was immense, a kind of agony unlike any physical pain, indescribable in its intensity.

Enduring the intense discomfort, Ye Tian clenched his teeth, refraining from making any sound so as not to wake Ye Yu.

Minutes passed, and the fusion was complete. Ye Tian had successfully merged the high-level Soul Transfer Talent.

Subconsciously, he checked his talent status and immediately saw the newly merged talent.

[Soul Transfer Talent: High-Level]

"Could Soul Transfer allow me to move my soul to another place or object?" Ye Tian speculated.

Shortly thereafter, his consciousness gradually immersed itself into the Sea of Soul, finding numerous talent markings hidden deep within.

Quickly, he located the light representing the Soul Transfer Talent. His consciousness merged with it and gathered some information. This method was something he had recently learned, and it was the quickest way to understand his talents without the need for trial and error.

"The Soul Transfer Talent is actually this?" Ye Tian exclaimed in disbelief.

This ability was too perverse, too bizarre. The so-called Soul Transfer involved moving his soul into another creature's body, wiping away the host soul, and taking over their body.

What was even more shocking was that he could use the host body to activate various talents. Because talent markings resided in the soul, albeit possibly at a lower level than in the original body.

If the host body was killed, his soul would transfer back, albeit damaged and requiring time to heal.

Of course, the Soul Transfer Talent had its limitations. Once activated, he could only occupy the host body for one month, and the cooldown period was a year. This was the capability of the high-level Soul Transfer Talent. If it were top-level, maybe the occupancy and cooldown times could be even more favorable.

Given that Ye Tian only had the high-level Soul Transfer Talent, there was little hope of elevating it to the top level, as this talent was indeed rare.

"So, the Golden Spirit Giant Ape didn't die? No, it shouldn't be the Golden Spirit Giant Ape. The ape was just the body occupied by someone using the high-level Soul Transfer Talent. No wonder it didn't flee and instead fought Yun Mengli to the death," Ye Tian realized fully.

"Being able to occupy a body for a month, with a one-year cooldown—this talent should be put to good use," Ye Tian schemed quietly.

Over the next few days, the higher-ups of the Demon Sea Base began distributing rewards. Every significant contributor, whether Great Martial Warriors, Grandmasters, or King-level, received substantial rewards. The various scenes from the battlefield were also recorded by the Demon Sea Base's projection equipment and then rewards like beast meat, beast blood, and other items were distributed based on merit.

As for the warriors who had died in battle, their rewards were doubled, and no one had any objections.

Ye Tian naturally garnered many rewards, including the king beast he had slain, which was delivered to his villa. However, the king beast's corpse was too large; he had to sell it, in exchange for quite a sum of money.

What Ye Tian didn't know was that the powerful King-level beings of the Demon Sea Base had recently become busy. They rushed to the other two major bases to help them repel the beast tide. Yun Mengli even collaborated with the invincible King-levels of other bases and killed two more invincible King-level beasts.

The crisis of the three major bases was averted, and the beast tide retreated.

On that day,

Ye Tian was cultivating at home when Lord Yue Ling, the esteemed ancestor of the Yue family, paid him a personal visit.

"Master Yue Ling!" Ye Tian greeted the figure of king-level power with utmost respect.

"Ye Tian, my young friend, there's no need for formalities. You managed to slay a king beast. Although you're not at the king level yourself, your strength is enough to consider us equals. If you don't mind, you can call me Big Brother Yue," Lord Yue Ling said cheerfully.

How could he not be happy? Ye Tian's talents would inevitably elevate him to an invincible king-level warrior in the future. Given that the Yue family already had a favorable relationship with Ye Tian, whom they would need to rely on later, it was natural for Lord Yue Ling to be keen on forming a closer bond. Any sense of king-level arrogance had no place here.

"So... Big Brother Yue, what brings you to me? This visit isn't just to make my acquaintance, is it?" Ye Tian curiously asked.

"I came to invite you to a king-level meeting!" Lord Yue Ling announced.

"A king-level meeting? An invitation for me?" Ye Tian was surprised.

"Yes," Lord Yue Ling said earnestly. "Indeed, the invitation is for you, and it's not just from me but from the high-ranking king-level individuals of the Demon Sea Base. You killed a king beast with two strikes; your strength has already received their approval, even King Mengli has recognized you."

"When is the meeting?" Ye Tian was interested in joining the circle of king-level warriors, as this would give him access to a wealth of secretive information, perhaps even about super-bases. Being isolated would never allow him to rapidly improve his strength.

"Tomorrow at ten in the morning on the tenth floor of the Yun family's tower. Here's your invitation. Keep it safe," Lord Yue Ling handed over the invitation to Ye Tian, exchanged a few more words, and then took his leave.

"The circle of king-level warriors, huh? I didn't expect to enter it so soon," Ye Tian mused, holding the invitation and smiling faintly.

He spent the night cultivating. The next day, Ye Tian arrived on time at the Yun family's residence. There, he saw a familiar face—Yun Feng.

Yun Feng had also reached the Grandmaster level. With his top-tier Wind Blade talent of 850, he was undoubtedly one of the strongest among Grandmasters, not to mention his speed was also impressive. He had the potential to become an invincible Grandmaster, although that would require decades of time.

Ye Tian glanced at Yun Feng briefly before heading into the Yun Tower, led by a servant. The tower was a place only king-level warriors were permitted to enter.

Yun Feng noticed Ye Tian. After he entered the tower, Yun Feng grabbed the servant and asked, "Who was that just now? He looks like a Grandmaster. How could he enter the Yun Tower?"

Noticing that it was Yun Feng, the rising star of the family, the servant quickly replied with deference, "Young Master Yun Feng, that was the invincible Grandmaster Ye Tian!"

"It's him!" Yun Feng was astonished. News of Ye Tian slaying a king beast had already spread throughout the entire Demon Sea Base, so he was well aware of it. However, there was no fear in his eyes, only the sparking flames of combativeness.

He was confident that once he reached the peak of Grandmastery, he too could slay a king beast.

"I must continue cultivating. I need to become even stronger," Yun Feng thought to himself.

Upon entering the Yun Tower, Ye Tian arrived on the tenth floor. As he stepped into the grand hall, numerous eyes swept over him.

The warriors he saw in the hall were clearly of king-level strength.

He was the only Grandmaster there, making him somewhat of an outlier.