Pedri - Anti-Valentine

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and today feels like it's going to be a good day. It's my favourite holiday even if it doesn't count as one. Contrary to popular belief, single people can enjoy Valentine's Day too. Well, at least for us, it marks our annual Anti-Valentine's Day party. Somehow, we all end up single on the 14th, which lead to my sister, Lucy, coming up with this three years ago.

We usually decorate the house with all things love and romance, invite all our friends over and watch a romcom marathon. It was our way of getting to enjoy it the way couples do, and we still get to spend it with the ones that matter most.

Unfortunately for me, this year Lucy found a date. Which means I was forced to host today by myself.

The knock at the door interrupts my thoughts. I rush over to open it, eager to welcome my single guests. The door swings open, revealing Pedri standing there, alone, with just a bottle of vodka in his hands.

"Where's everyone else?" I question, poking my head outside hoping to see the others behind him.

"Everyone got dates," he responds, pushing past me to go inside.

"What? You're saying Gavi, Ferran, Fermin, João, and Lucy all got last-minute dates on Valentine's Day?" I question in pure shock.

"Wait, Lucy got a date too?" he asks, as he throws himself onto the couch with exhaustion. I nod in response when he looks in my direction.

"I guess it's just us then," he adds, opening one of the heart-shaped chocolates sitting on the table in front of him.

"You still want to stay?" I ask, confused as to why he's still here. I mean he's good-looking and successful and popular, just like the rest of the guys who managed to get dates at the last minute. He could message any girl and be out of here in 10 minutes.

"I can leave if you want me to." He munches on the chocolate, already getting comfortable, with his feet up on the ottoman, cuddling the pillow that was next to him.

"No, I just thought you'd have something better to do with your day."

"What are you talking about? I've been looking forward to this since the last one."

I might be single for Valentine's Day, but at least someone was looking forward to being here.

"What movies did you have lined up?" He asks, as I go to sit next to him on the couch.

"Let's see..." I grab the remote and start scrolling through the list on my TV. "The more fun options were 'Valentine's Day' or '10 things I hate about you'..."

"What are the not fun options," his reply muffled by the chocolate still in his mouth.

"Well, if you want to cry, we can watch 'Me Before You' or 'The Fault in our Stars' but they are tragic, and I don't think we're up for it."

"Let's watch both."

"When I cry it will be your fault," I respond, clicking 'Me Before You' as the first movie. I wasn't planning on everyone ditching us for today, but now I'm stuck watching depressing movies with Pedri.

"These will be less sad," he reasons with me.

"How exactly?" I ask confused again.

"Instead of watching cheesy love stories, at least now no one gets their happy ending."

"That is so mean, but I like your logic," I respond. "But first, snacks." I grab the tray full of Valentine's themed snacks and heart-shaped desserts. Pedri grabs the blanket next to him and covers us both once I sit down again.