Gavi - Trouble

Kiera and I pushed our way through the crowd of dancing bodies, trying to make our way to the bar. Her and Alejandro have been seeing each other for nearly a month now, and he thought it would be a nice idea to invite her here.

It was the end of the season, so everyone was celebrating. The house was full of footballers, some drinking away the pain, others celebrating like they won the league.

I'd only met Alejandro once after a game. He was really nice, but I'm incredibly nervous to meet the rest of the team.

As we finally reach the bar, Kiera spots a figure that looks like Alejandro. He's sitting in between two other guys. From this angle, it's hard to tell who they are, but Kiera doesn't hesitate and runs up to them immediately.

I follow behind her as she sneaks up behind them, trying to scare Alejandro. All three of them turn around, the other two relatively unphased, but Alejandro's face lights up when he sees her.

The way that his eyes light up every time he sees her makes my heart melt. At first, I warned her against dating an athlete. I figured she was just bound to get her heart broken. But with every interaction of theirs that I see, the more I feel guilty for putting someone as sweet as him in a box like that. I can't help but feel envious of what they have.

I take my eyes off the couple, embracing each other in a hug that's not ending. My eyes land on the two familiar faces on either side of Alejandro. I feel nerves starting to build up after realizing that it's Pedri and Gavi sitting right in front of me.

I always liked them both, but something about Gavi caught my attention from the first time that I saw him play. The passion and fearlessness that he plays with immediately drew me to him. He was always a feint idea in the back of my head. I'd never imagined actually meeting him.

"This is y/n," Alejandro says, snapping me out of my daydream. I look up to see Gavi and Pedri smiling at me. What a sight.

"Nice to meet you y/n," Pedri says, offering his hand out to shake mine. I gladly accept with a smile, still in awe of his presence.

As I turn towards Gavi, hoping for the same reception, Alejandro gets out of his seat and begins to walk away with Kiera.

"I'll be back soon. Have fun," she whispers to me as they disappear.

My eyes widen at the thought of being left alone with Gavi and Pedri. I can't exactly walk away right now, and I don't know how to speak to either of them.

"Have a seat," Pedri says, motioning to where Alejandro was sitting.

Great, now I'm sitting in the middle of both of them. I awkwardly climb the stool that's too high for comfort for me, and continue to just look ahead of me.

Pedri tries to make conversation with me, although it's not going well. He can sense how out of place I am, and keeps trying to talk to me to make me feel more comfortable. As much as I do feel a bit more at ease, the conversation itself is incredibly awkward. Both of us struggle to keep it flowing, and Gavi just sits quietly beside me, not saying a word.

Every now and then I glance over at him, only to see him staring right back at me. His eyes are piercingly cold. I can't help but feel like I've already offended him by just sitting next to him.

"I'll be right back," Pedri says as he gets out of seat. Gavi and I both look at him with pleading eyes, begging him to not leave us alone.

Ignoring our silent cries, Pedri walks away and starts talking to someone nearby. I turn back around, looking anywhere but at Gavi.

After what felt like an eternity, I decide to break the silence, unable to sit here like this anymore. "You don't talk much, do you?" I ask, turning to face him.