Pedri - Forgive Me

Today is the big day, the one that I'd been dreaming of since I was a young child. Graduation day has finally come around and everything that I'd ever dreamt of has now fallen into place.

It was no surprise to my parents when I was ready to move to Barcelona to study. I was so young when I made the choice to move halfway across the world, but I needed something more from life that I just couldn't get at home.

My parents came to Barcelona for my graduation and would be staying with my roommate, Lia, and I.

"I have a surprise for you," Lia says as we finally reach home.

Before I can even respond, I'm being pulled into her room whilst my parents sit down in the living room.

"Here," she says, handing me a gift bag. "This is part one."

"How many parts are there?" I question, opening the bag whilst sitting on her bed.

"You'll see."

A maroon, silk dress. The most beautiful dress I'd ever seen, and now own.

"This is stunning Lia. Thank you," I say, getting up to give her a hug.

"You should go try it on. I'm going to find some shoes that will match it."

She disappears into my room while I take off the black dress I already have on and slip into the new one.

"You look amazing," she gasps at the door. "Here, put these on." I'm handed a pair of black heels that I usually use on our nights out. The heel is high enough to elevate an outfit, but short enough that I can keep them on for hours without being in pain.

"You look incredible," she adds. "We should get going."

"Where are we going? I thought we were going out with my parents tonight," I reply.

"Part two," she says with a wink. "Come with me. And don't worry, I made dinner reservations for them."

We walk out of her room and Lia calls someone on the phone before opening the front door.

"You look beautiful princess," my dad says from behind me. "Have fun, don't drink too much." He gives me a hug as my mom comes over to us too.

"Drink?" I question. I turned down Lia's idea of a big party. I figured it would be a good idea to at least remember my graduation. Turns out my parents had something else in mind.

"Go on now," my mom says, rushing us out of the door.

"Our ride's here," Lia says as a black Maserati pulls up in front of us.

Pedri and I haven't been on the best of terms lately. We actually haven't spoken in over two weeks. Our year-long relationship fell apart in a day and he was never interested in fixing it.

The injuries he suffered at the end of the season left him angry and frustrated, rightfully so. After coming back from his earlier injury which left him out for months, he was just starting to get back into form when he got hurt again. I know that's not how he wanted to end the season, even though it was really good for him overall.

His frustration was starting to get the better of him and he started taking it out on me. At first, I was patient. I know that he's a calm person and this was just a rough patch that he needed to work through. But he would get mad at me if I was breathing too much around him.

Eventually, I lost it. I tried to be calm when I confronted him, but I was met with a version of this man that I didn't think existed. He went on about how I wasn't being supportive. That he needed someone to be there for him like everyone else's partners are. Our relationship was never perfect, but one thing that I always did was put his career ahead of me.