Pedri - With You Part 1

I was laying on the couch, browsing through Netflix, hoping to find something to distract me. Since yesterday I had been feeling extremely nauseous and would not stop throwing up. 

Pedri was feeling so bad yesterday, since he decided to cook for us the day before. He thought that maybe he'd given me food poisoning. I thought so as well, but he's been fine. So i assume it's just a bug that I must've picked up. 

He insisted on staying at home today to take care of me, but I'd honestly prefer him out of the house, instead of him watching me throw up even more. 

My phone rings on the kitchen counter and go to pick it up in case it's Pedri. A part of me wants to ignore the call, but I know he'd leave practice and come home if I didn't answer. 

"Y/n, are you okay?" Emily says on the other side. 

"Yeah I'm fine, I think I just caught something," I reply. "How did you know I was sick?" I ask, realizing I haven't spoken to her this weekend.

"Gavi just got home from training. Pedri said you were feeling a bit unwell and thought he gave you food poisoning." She says sounding amused as I hear a chuckle from Gavi in the background.

"Oh, well I don't think it's food poisoning. We ate the same thing and he's been fine."

Emily stays silent, as I hear shuffling in the background and a door closing. "Are you alone right now?" She whispers.

"Yeah, why?" I ask confused.

"Y/n, do you think you might be pregnant?" She asks quietly.

My heart drops at the thought. 

"No, no that's impossible." 

"Are you sure?" 

My mind runs in circles, trying to figure out how I could've messed up. I was on the pill, and I was always so careful with it. Pedri and I have been together for nearly 3 years, I knew better than to risk a pregnancy at this point.

"Yes I'm-" I begin. My words get caught as I realize she might be right. Nearly 2 months ago I switched birth control. There was a bit of a mix up at the pharmacy, so I wasn't on it for a week. 

But we still used protection. There's no way we're so unlucky to have been caught out in that one week.

"I'll call you back Emily," I manage to say as tears begin to pool. 

We say our goodbyes and I immediately run to the bathroom. Pedri should be home soon so I don't have much time. I rummage through the cabinet under the sink and look for the tests that I had kept. 

After taking them, I go to sit down on the bed while I wait. In all the rush, I didn't even take a second to think about what was actually happening. 

I lay down as the tears pour out. I don't even turn 20 for another month. How am I supposed to be a mom? And Pedri is always so focused on his career. It took us so long to find the right balance. How do we now fit a child into all of this?

Through all my thinking, I didn't hear the front door open. I'm startled by the sound of Pedri dropping his bag at the bedroom door. 

"What's wrong?" He asks seeing my tears and immediately runs to my side. He kneels at the foot of the bed where I'm now sitting and puts my hand in his.

"Nothing, nothing. Just a rough day I guess," I reply, not wanting to worry him until I know for sure. 

"I stopped at the pharmacy on the way back. Maybe the new medication will help you feel better." He says, pushing the hair behind my ear. 

"Let me shower quickly. When I come out I'll show you what to take." 

I immediately stand up and he does the same. I forgot that I just left the test on the counter.

"What's wrong?" He asks at my sudden movement.

"Nothing." I try to move past him to go to the bathroom first, but he doesn't notice and begins to go in himself. 

"No wait," I say loudly as he opens the door.

"What is it?" He asks turning back to look at me.

My eyes land to the test in front of him. One tiny stick holds so much power over my life. The weight is crushing. My eyes start to fill with tears, every thought I've had in the last ten minutes begins to replay. 

Pedri's eyes follow mine and he spots it. He says nothing, he only moves a few steps closer. I follow behind him as he reaches the counter, picking up the test. He's much taller than me, so my view is blocked. 

"You haven't seen this, have you?" He asks, turning his head slightly in my direction.

"No. I was waiting for it and then you came home," I reply, placing a hand on his back.

"Babe, it's positive." 

Part 2 soon🫶