Pedri - Yours

I made my way to the Camp Nou with Pedri for the first time since we started dating. We kept our relationship private at my request, in hopes that it would save us both from outside judgment. 

We never went out in public together, I never went to any of his games, and we kept our social media clean. At a glance, you'd assume that neither of us were even in relationships, let alone dating each other. 

My biggest fear was being disliked by his fans. He's someone of great importance to those who follow him, and I knew they held high standards for whom he'd choose to love. I was always concerned that they'd think that I'm not pretty enough or not well suited for him. He doesn't care too much about what other people think, and neither do I, but outside hate will always wear heavy on any couple. 

We've been going strong for nearly a year, and things have become quite serious. We're at the point where just about nothing could break us up. So, a few weeks ago, we decided to make it public. He posted a picture of us on Instagram, and I reposted it to my private account for those whom I never told.

Surprisingly, we got a lot of support. There were a few hateful comments, as there always would be, but they grew to be insignificant when I saw all of the love that we got. For every negative comment that we got, there were ten other positive ones. 

Pedri knew how worried I was about all this, so whenever he sees fans posting something nice about us, he always makes sure I see it.

On our way to the stadium, fans swarmed the car as usual, asking for pictures and autographs. This is only my second time in the car with him since we went public, but I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing this many people following him around. The first time was when we went out with some of the team, but it was mostly quiet, and I don't think a lot of people spotted us.

Before stopping the car, he looked over at me to ask if it's okay. I nod my head yes, not wanting them to miss out because of me. 

Phones immediately stuck to any surface of the car that they could see through, recording our every move. I smile to the fans who've pushed up against my side of the car and put my head down, fiddling with my fingers. I heard many of them call my name, but I chose to just keep my head down. 

I eventually hear someone say, "for y/n" from Pedri's side. I glance over at him and see someone handing him a bouquet of roses. My eyes light up in shock, unsure of how to react. 

"For you," Pedri says, handing me the flowers with raised eyebrows and a smile. 

I take the flowers from him and look over to the person who gave them to him. A young boy is standing at the window, no older than 15. I thank him as he hands his phone to Pedri to take a picture. 

"Actually, can I get a picture with you too y/n?" The boy asks as Pedri hands him his phone back.

"Me too," I hear other voices say. I look to see two older boys, maybe close to our age standing there trying to hand Pedri their phones. 

Pedri just apologizes to them and rolls up his window as he drives into the stadium.  I look at him confused, not expecting anyone to pay that much attention to me.

"What was that?" I ask, looking back at the crowd of people we've driven away from.

"Seems like they have a crush on you," he replies, a slight smirk on his face.

"That's ridiculous. Why would they?"

"Are you serious?" He asks, laughing at my comment. "You're gorgeous, they'd be blind to not see that." 

After all this time, he still makes me nervous whenever he compliments me. I look away from him, trying to hide how flushed I look right now. 

"You've actually been getting a lot of attention online," he adds.