EC: A Blast to the Past

Lewis Hamilton was officially starting to get on her nerves.

He had been for the past few weeks now, ever since the Hungarian Grand Prix when he very subtly pushed her slightly off track. She fell seven places because of that little touch into the side of her car. And also had to take an emergency pit stop because his little touch ended up damaging both her front tyre and her front wing. She managed to climb her way up to P2 again, but still, she had almost overtaken him and it had felt like he pushed her off track so that wouldn't happen.

But at the end of the day, she didn't lose any points, finishing in second place and all was well. Everything seemed fine and he was acting like nothing happened, showing her good sportsmanship, so she just let herself forget about it. It was probably nothing anyway. An accident probably, but if it was an accident, why hadn't he just apologised?

Mirabella was planning on just leaving it alone. Accidents happen all the time. Most drivers do it from time to time, even if she doesn't. She did when she was a teenager but that was a long time ago now and she's learned a lot. Like how not to push into someone when overtaking, no matter how close she was to them. It wasn't a difficult task really. She honestly found it weird that people managed to do it on accident.

Neither would she complain about it. There wasn't anything to complain about, especially over such a small thing. And she didn't really want to be called a crybaby either.

Well, it was difficult to stick to it. To not complain when he continued to do very subtle things to make sure she couldn't overtake him or so he could overtake her. The two first times she said to herself to let it go. Just let it go. Probably just a coincidence. Then the third time came along and three times was a pattern. She had enough.

So, she hit back. She did what he did to her, just as subtly as he did.

People caught onto them. Of course they did. It didn't help when they started to subtly slander each other in interviews and in press conferences, including the post-race ones where they were sitting right next to each other.

She never actually let out a single genuine complaint though. She wasn't stupid enough to. At the end of the day, he was Lewis Hamilton, a six-time world champion and she was Mirabella Mataraci, a woman.

She knew who they would believe. She knew she'd get backlash and she'd be hated. She knew they would make her the villain.

She knew that, so she kept quiet.

Right now she was pulling on her gloves as she sat in the blue car of her Williams as mechanics secured the seatbelts. The Russian National Anthem had ended only a few minutes ago, meaning that the formation lap was starting any second.

It soon did and they were all back in their grid positions, Mirabella starting on pole. He was starting right behind/next to her in P2. The safety car stopped behind the grid after the last of the drivers came back to their positions and the marshal walked across the track, waving the green flag high above his head and her eyes flickered up to the red lights.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five....... dark.

"It's the Russian Grand Prix. And it's lights out, and away we go!"

Her foot slammed down on the accelerator, pushing her car from the starting positions and hurried past the start/finish line. Hamilton was quickly coming up beside her unfortunately, not struggling to catch up with her, so she forced her car to somehow go quicker, keeping her in front through turn two. Even if it was just barely.

Carlos had spun off track somewhere behind them, but managed to get back on track. Barely a second after Charles and Lance collided, Lance being sent right into the wall and debris from his car was spread across the area around them. The safety car was sent out because of it, luckily for her since it kept her safe in first place for a few laps.