01

Monaco. A small country bordering France. The playground of the rich and famous. And the home of half of the Formula 1 grid, including Mirabella. There were a few things that drew the driver to Monaco back in 2018. Many of her friends were situated in the country. She had been living in Manchester for too long and the roads in Britain had been driving her insane. Unlike in England and Italy, the taxes were practically nonexistent, so that was a plus. But in all honesty, there was just something that drew Mirabella to Monaco. Every race she had there, she just never wanted to leave.

She has spent many nights in the streets of Monte-Carlo, especially after races. But that was all she wanted there. To celebrate and have fun. Not a home.

Not in Monaco-Ville either, even if that was more her thing. It was further away from the bustling streets of Monte-Carlo, but it was still too packed. Every building was pressed together and just imagining living there suffocated Mirabella. She figured that she enjoyed hanging out there when she wants something more calming than Monte-Carlo, where she could walk or drive around. And the architecture there was beautiful. To be fair, Monaco's architecture as a whole is absolutely stunning.

But one day after another failure on the Monaco Circuit, she drove around the streets and at one point ended up on the outskirts of Monaco. She had glanced down at the GPS in her car and realised she was in the Jardin Exotique area. The area was quite far from everything else. It was warm and the old buildings were comforting.

Everything about it felt right.

And by a string of luck, only a few days later, she found a two-story house that was up for sale. She had quickly viewed the house in person and decided then and there that that was her new home. It was like the last piece of a puzzle falling into place.

Four years later and she was still there. Still in the decently large house. The outside was made of sandstone and had antique pillars holding up the structure. The house was surrounded by woods, hidden away from everything. It had a decent amount of grass area and a large terrace, made of the same stone as the building, which stuck out from the side of the house and looked out at Monaco and the Ligurian Sea.

The terrace had a seating area that could host ten people and you could add chairs and make the table longer if you needed more space. It had a lounging area and the table had a fire that could be turned on and off. It had a grill, sun beds and a medium-sized pool. The pool area was separated by a step down from the 'hanging out' area and pillars held up the balcony that was over it. On the balcony was another lounging area and also had space for other activities, including a bar.

The first floor of the house had an entreé, toilet, kitchen, living and dining room, a washroom and two spare bedroom that shared a bathroom. Everything is open and very light-coloured, but not white. It was a more warm white, almost beige.

When she first bought the house the floor was made out of stone, but she had quickly layered wood over it. It felt less harsh and her feet weren't cold when she walked barefoot on it, even though she wore slippers most of the time.

The entreé was large, having a closet and a rococo mirror with a gold frame on wall on the left side of the door. The staircase that leads to the second floor was also there. On the right was the washroom. Through a tall hallway was the two spare bedroom and to make the hallway feel less empty it had a rococo painting on the wall and at the end was a tall window, that was rounded at the top.

When you walked past the staircase⏤that was on the left side of the space⏤you were met with the kitchen on your right and the room opened up to the living area. Three pillars stood right before you were met with two steps down to come down to the living area. To the right was the wooden dining table with plush chairs. Under it was a light-coloured traditional rug.