14

When Mirabella woke up it was just her.

And she did not mind at all. Since then she had the entire morning for herself until she had to leave for the airport. It was so relieving to finally be alone again, not having to deal with Hamilton always around her. It messed with her head. Her lack of concentration throughout the weekend was proof of it.

She couldn't wait to have a break from him.

She arrived in Barcelona and as she checked into the hotel⏤and was only given the number of the hotel room⏤she was hit with the realisation that her little break was over.

Mirabella stopped in front of the door, looking up at it. Her fingers tightened over the handle of one of her suitcases and she grimaced, not wanting to make the move and knock.

Fuck it.

She waited a couple of seconds before the door opened.

Hamilton leaned against the door, taking her in and she did the same. Her nose scrunched up as she looked over his exposed chest and the black ink that had been etched into his skin.

She made sure her eyes looked like they were filled with disgust when they met his, and her hand lazily gestured towards his body, "Why?"

He shrugged with a little smile, as he leaned his head on the side of the door. "Why not? Is it a problem for you? Does it distract you?" he practically purred with a seductive glint in his eyes.

"Yeah, so much," she said without an ounce of emotion. She took ahold of her suitcases and pushed her way past Hamilton, bumping into him. She heard him let out a chuckle and the door closed. She turned to look at him over her shoulder and told him, "Mind giving me my last suitcase?"

A furrow formed between his eyebrows and asked, "What am I? Your servant?"

She sent him another look. "What else are you good for?"

He scoffed, grabbing the handle and moving towards her. She turned towards him and he couldn't help but push the handle into her side when he reached her.

The feeling made her suck in a breath, wincing, and after a small second she glared up at him, biting her tongue so she wouldn't cuss him out. "Ow."

"Oops," he let out. He smiled at her, his eyes heavy as he looked down at her. "Apologies, sweetheart."

"Hm," she shot him a fake smile, rubbing the spot on her stomach that hurt. "You're so sweet to me, stronzo."

He hummed, his eyes tracing the lines of her face. She felt his fingertips tracing her jaw, a small smile on his lips, and in the process tilting her head up slightly. "I know, right?"

Her jaw clenched at his touch and her cold hand met his warm chest, and she pushed him away. Hard.

She turned away from him, rolling her eyes as she picked up one of her suitcases and placed it on the bed, zipping it up so she could put some of her stuff into the wardrobe.

Mirabella paused her movement when she heard the bathroom door close and she let out a breath, her hand rubbing her forehead while she tried to ignore the rapid beating of her heart.

What if I'm-

No.

Fuck no.

She didn't even let herself finish the thought. The idea of it shouldn't even have entered her mind.

Mirabella pushed her hair over her shoulders before she continued unpacking, the horrifying thought buried deep inside the depths of her mind, slowly but surely forgotten about.