25

"Lando! For fucks sake!"

Charles's words gained loud shh's in response. A Spanish accent snapped at him, "Be quiet. You're going to wake her up."

Mirabella's eyes fluttered open and she began stretching her body, her limbs stiff from sleep. Her movement made them let out a harmonised groan.

Carlos turned to Charles and told him, "See what you did!"

"Me?" Charles asked, his voice high as he pointed to himself with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. Then he pointed towards Lando, "If he hadn't dropped the speaker I wouldn't have had to say anything!"

"Don't turn this on me!"

"Who are we supposed to turn this on?!" Charles asked him. "God?!"

"Well, that would be better!" Lando exclaimed.

Mirabella squinted at the figures, trying to make them out as she was still tired. A headache was starting to form and she muttered, "Oh, my days."

It was like they had completely forgotten that she was awake and they all spun on their heels, facing her and they put on bright smiles, yelling out in unison, "Happy birthday!"

She shook her head as she began sitting up, leaning her back against the headboard. A soft laugh escaped her. "Thanks."

Max smiled down at her, teasing when he asked, "Tired?"

"No," she let out sarcastically. A yawn escaped her as she started her next sentence, "Not at all. What makes you say that?"

He snickered and leaned forward to mess up her hair, which was oddly neat. Normally it was a whole lot messier. It was never a bird's nest, but it usually didn't look this good.

She sent him a glare, slapping away his hand, which made him grin down at her. She patted it down, so it would lay neater, and muttered under her breath, "Puttana."

"What does that mean?" he asked, looking around at the others. "She always calls me it, so I assume it's bad."

Mirabella and Daniel shared knowing smiles and Charles snorted, muttering, "No shit."

"It means bitch."

They all turned towards Lando, who kind of just stood there. It actually reminded Mirabella of that one emoji with the man who's just standing with his arms hanging at his sides.

When he noticed their eyes on him his eyes widened and he shrugged defensively, "What? Has no one heard of Google Translate? It's not that difficult to use."

Daniel looked down at him, his arms crossed, and nodded with an oddly serious expression and said, "You don't use Google Translate. It isn't a reliable source."

Lando gave him a side glance, judging, and sassed, "Who are you? My English teacher?"

A huff of laughter escaped from her lips and she rubbed her eyes, trying to get rid of the tiredness. She muttered under her breath, "What a way to wake up." Then she straightened up, suddenly looking a lot more awake as she asked, "Isn't this usually when I eat breakfast?"

It was like a switch turned on simultaneously in their minds, as her words brought them into action immediately. Carlos and Charles rolled a metal cart towards her, which had a tray with all her favourite breakfast food and a glass of tropical juice, and a bouquet of balloons was weighed down with a pretty, tumbled rock, on the metal surface of the cart. Then Max picked up the tray with both hands and placed it on her lap. 

A small smile spread across her lips.

She felt like a princess.

She began eating her breakfast, which was definitely made by the staff of the hotel because none of them could make food. At least good food.