49

It felt like no time had passed from the São Paulo Grand Prix till they were in Abu Dhabi.

The whole of the Mercedes team flew in on the same private plane, travelling to the hotel all the drivers were staying in. In most of the race weeks, they had two hotels since they were too many for one, but the one in Abu Dhabi was huge and definitely fit them all.

Mirabella and Lewis checked in, getting their own hotel rooms because the team hadn't changed the procedure. Not that she used hers this time. Nowadays they would check both of the hotel rooms and pick the nicer one, or the one they preferred and stay in that one for the week. This time Lewis's was the best.

They packed out their most important belongings, like clothes, toiletries, etc. Then they were free for the rest of the day to do what they wanted, work beginning tomorrow. So what did they decide to do? Relax, just like they usually do.

It was nice to have someone you could basically do nothing with. Just exist. To not feel like you have to do something at all times. Don't get her wrong, they did often do things, especially things that got their hearts pumping. The worst one he made her do was go on a hike in close to forty degrees. That was horrible. Sometimes Mirabella was pretty sure the man was insane or just a complete moron.

He was her moron at least.

"You like tequila?" he asked her after her small confession, sounding baffled like he genuinely couldn't believe how that was possible.

"I did," she countered, her voice a slightly higher octave as she tried defending herself from her weird taste because she was aware it was not a normal thing to like. "At least the one I tasted. That one was really good. Like, yeah, it burned. Like it was spicy, you know? But the taste was so good."

He frowned, staring into the air as his fingers rested against her back, having stilled from tracing circles over her skin when she said that. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." Then she added, "At least it was then. I don't even remember the brand, just the taste. If only I still drank alcohol."

"I've seen you drink champagne."

"Yeah, that's my one exception," she told him, leaning against his arm as she looked at him. "That and I might let myself have one glass of wine or something like that. Only one and I don't touch the strong stuff. Aka, no tequila. Unfortunately."

"Hm," he let out, resting his chin on top of her head, pulling her closer to him so she laid back on his chest. Then he asked again like he still couldn't believe it and needed the reassurance of her words, "You like tequila?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes."

He let out a huff of laughter, shaking his head slightly before he muttered into her hair, "Strange girl."

Their conversation faded away into a comfortable silence, listening to the sound of cars passing by far down on the streets below the hotel floor they were on.

It was perfect. Every moment with him was. Mirabella was sure this, with him, was the happiest she had ever been since her childhood. Yeah, she's always had her happy moments, where the sun managed to peek through the grey clouds that surrounded her. But he chases them away completely, leaving her open for the sun to shine down on her, lighting up her world.

Every moment she spent with him she wanted to last forever. She wished there was a way to press pause, freeze time to let this moment last forever. If she could, she would, a hundred per cent.

He had a habit of saying how she was so perfect for him. It always made her melt. Especially, because that's exactly what she thinks of him. He compliments her perfectly, understands her better than most, better than even some of her friends whom she has both known longer but also liked longer. It was beautiful in a way, how well they worked. What she feels for him too.