13

Mirabella was a heavy sleeper.

Always has been. When she went to school from Elementary and up to University she had difficulties with waking up. She even once slept through a fire alarm once... or twice. Thankfully, they were just fire drills, so no actual fire. But she had multiple alarms, that went off every ten minutes until the actual time she had to wake up. And sometimes she even managed to sleep past all of those.

But not now.

She could never find a comfortable position, moving around in her bed every second to find peace to no avail. And when she finally became comfortable she just couldn't fall asleep.

She liked silence when she was going to sleep, even if the outside noises made their way inside, she could sleep through them. They were nature's music, but she couldn't fall asleep to human-made noises. There was a reason that she lived on the outskirts of Monaco⏤away from people⏤instead of in Monte-Carlo for example, where people filled the streets with their noise every single hour of every day.

It seemed like Hamilton had no struggles with falling asleep, but she did. Even if she fell asleep first, she'd wake up soon after. She was hyperaware of every sound that he made. If he moved when he was awake or asleep, she'd hear it and wake up. His heavy breathing⏤making it clear he was fast asleep⏤would play like a drum in her ear. Even though he was on the opposite side of the room, it sounded like he was right next to her and it was the only thing she could hear, keeping her awake for what felt like hours.

It was torturous.

Mirabella kept her eyes shut though, hoping she'd manage to fall asleep anyway.

At one point throughout the night from Wednesday to Thursday, she did fall asleep.

It didn't last long.

Her senses woke up, becoming aware of her surroundings and the noises that belonged to them. She could hear movement, the floorboards creaking. Mirabella forced her eyes shut, ignoring it.

Fall asleep. Fall asleep. Fall asleep.

After what felt like ages⏤it was actually only like five minutes⏤she gave up, letting out a quiet groan. She opened her eyes to the dimly lit room. Looking over to the other side of the room, she noticed the wall lamp on his side of the room was turned on. She squinted against the light, too bright for her eyes which was used to the darkness behind her eyelids because of her dreamless sleep.

Her hand reached for her phone, checking the time to clear her confusion. It felt too early to be awake.

And it definitely was.

"Are you fucking for real right now?" her tired, slightly raspy voice filled the room, and the movement stopped. "Why. The actual. Fuck are you awake at five in the morning for? Five in the fucking morning?"

He spoke up, slightly breathless, "I work out in the mornings."

Mirabella blinked at the air. "You work out in the mornings," she repeated under her breath, but her voice was easily heard because of the silence of the early morning, the birds singing in the distance. "Are you for real? There is a gym for that, genio," she hissed, turning around and raising herself up, leaning on her forearms so she could see him better.

He was sitting on the floor, leaning back on his palms. Next to him on the floor were some green workout bands that she often used for stretching and once upon a time she used them to help her with pull-ups, but she didn't need them for that anymore since she could do them without the extra help.

Mirabella kept her eyes locked on his chocolate-coloured eyes, not letting them stray to his exposed chest. Because of course, he works out shirtless. Why wouldn't he?