First Murder in Terra Nova - Part 1

"How do you kill a man with a dinosaur?"

(Scene with Foster at Relay Station 19-A.)

The soldiers bring out the Fosters body.

"Yeah, looks pretty straightforward what happened here to me. Fosters made the mistake of leaving the shed door open while he was working. Must've snuck up behind him. Newer saw it coming." Malcom tells them.

"What did it to him?" Liam asks.

"Nykoraptor. The bite marks on his torso were a dead giveaway. They've got three rows of incisors."

"Nykos are vicious. Basically, two legged sharks." Taylor tells Liam and Jim. "Easy with him." He tells the soldiers with the body.

"Do they hunt around here?" Jim asks Malcolm.

"No, not usually. But these are ankylosaur nests. Their eggs are easy prey." He tells them.

"Well, with easy pray nearby, why'd the nylon go after a human?" Liam asks.

"You got an endless supply of chicken, doesn't mean you're gonna turn your nose up at a bloody rare steak."

Liam and Jim go into the shed to investigate. Seeing claw marks at the inside of the door makes them frown.

...
(Scene with Josh and Tom.)
...

In the clinic you work with a patient when Elisabeth comes up to you.

"Hey, Jim asked me to autopsy the soldier that was killed."

"Foster?" You ask, having heard about it from Mark.

"Yeah, you knew him?" She asks sympathetically and you shrug.

"I hang out with Mark and the boys sometimes when I'm free, that's the only connection i had to him really. Do you need me to come with?" You ask and she shakes her head with a smile.

"I'll be fine." She says and you nod with a smile, and get back to the patient.

(Scene with Elisabeth and Malcolm, then Zoe and Jim.)
...

"I think this was a murder." Jim tells Taylor after he got Liam and went to see him.

"Help me out here. How do you kill a man with a dinosaur?" Taylor ask.

"You trap it somewhere you know the victims gonna show up." Liam says. "All you need it the right bait and knowledge of your vics schedule "

"We found blood from the bait that was used to lure the nyko inside the shed." Jim tells him.

"And the back of that door was covered in scratches from when it was trying to get out." Liam says.

"We've lost our share of folks. But never like this. Not to murder." Taylor says and they stay silent for a moment. "Foster was a good soldier. If somebody killed him, i wanna know who. Find out. Do it quick and do it quiet."

"First thing, we should talk to his friends." Jim says.

You then walk in for your lunch with Taylor and stop abruptly when you see them in the middle of a meeting.