First day - Part 1

"You're not cops anymore."

Liam wakes up to his brother and sister talking.

"You're telling me this is all we can have for the next three days?" Josh also her.

"Did you not read any of the literature they gave us? Real food has all the these enzymes our bodies aren't used to yet. And besides, it's really not that bad."

"I don't wanna go to orientation. I wanna stay with you." Elisabeth says.

Liam then realises he's still in bed and jumps up.

"I'm awake!" He shouts, rushing around the room to find a change of clothes.

"It's okay, Liam." Elisabeth tells him. "We were just about to wake you, because you don't have to take Zoe today." She then turns to Zoe. "Maddy and Josh are going to go to orientation, so you're going with them." She tells her.

"Oh." Liam just mumbles and sits down on the bed rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He was used to having to wake up early and help get his family out the door in the morning, so he thought he overslept.

"Mommy has a brand new job she has to go to." Elisabeth tells Zoe.

"You guys used up all the hot water. Thanks." Jim then tells Maddy. Liam groans loudly.

"No. The solar panels can only heat up so much at a time." Maddy says.

"Blame it on the sun if you want." Jim says, then turning to Maddy he gestures to his lips and he she strokes her own, finding her gotten a moustache from the drink.

Liam stands up and walks to the bathroom to take a quick shower before they leave.

...

"Agricultural Department, a quarter mile that way, dad, Liam." Maddy points and Liam glances that way but keeps walking with his family for now.

"Wait. That way?" Jim ask her.

"And the clinic should be right here." She tells her mom then they see you come up ahead.

"Oh, Y/n!" Elisabeth greets and you turn to the voice.

Liams almost got whiplash when his head whipped that direction involuntarily, almost stumbling over his feet. His family took notice, sharing a glance at each other. They had never seen him like this before and found it entertaining. He had always been the calm and confident one, but somehow you made him completely flustered just by your presence.

"Hello, Shannon's." You greet coming up to them, smiling. "Are you ready for your first day?" You ask them.

"Yeah!" Zoe say, you chuckle and give her a high five.

"Are you going to the clinic?" Elisabeth asks and you nod. "Would you mind I walk with you?"

"Of course not, you're about to become my new boss. Don't wanna upset you." You joke and she shakes her head laughing.

You glance around at the family.

"Orientation?" You ask and Maddy and Josh nods.

You turn to Liam who just stares at you, making you raise an eyebrow with a chuckle. Jim elbows him and he jumps slightly.

"Huh? Oh! No. Uh, agricultural duty." He tells you, gesturing to his dad and himself.

You nod understanding, then point back from where they came from.

"Then, I'm sorry to tell you, but you're walking the wrong way." You tell them and Jim then turns to his son.

"She's right, we're gonna be late. We better go. Okay, have a good time everyone. It was nice to see you again Y/n." Jim says and waves before walking the way Maddy had pointed earlier.