Welcome to Terra Nova

"A chance to start over."

Liam stumbles a bit as he suddenly walks on a more uneven terrain and is dizzy after walking through the portal. He squints his eyes as he holds a hand up to cover for the bright light. Shaking his head a bit he gets his bearings more just when a girl walks up to him.

"Hello." She says sweetly and takes his hand to guide him away from the portal.

Liam looks down at the girl in awe. She was like an angel in the white light fading some of his vision. And that smile took his breath away, literally.

"Okay, you need to breathe." The girl then says, putting a hand on his chest.

He looks down at her hand on his chest and unconsciously reaches his own hand up to hold over it, as he continues to breathe rapidly and uneven.

"Take a deep breath with me, alright?" You tell him and he looks back at you and follows your guidance as you show him to breathe in and out deeply.

Once his breathing is better you tap his chest, making him have to let go of your hand.

"There you go." You praise him. "Now, my name is Y/n Tate. What's yours?"

"Y/n." He mumbles as he stares at you, chuckling you hold out your hand.

"Well, that'll be easy to remember." You joke.

He frowns at you and then the hand, then looking back up at you with wide eyes.

"Liam!" He all but shouts making you jump slightly for the sudden exclamation.

He then covers his mouth with even wider eyes and then closes his eyes in embarrassment. Then clutching his head.

"Geez, my head hurts. I'm sorry. It's Liam, my name is Liam." He then says looking back at you, rubbing his neck regretfully for shouting at you even though it wasn't intentional.

You just chuckle softly at him he feels his heart skip a beat. Then he gets annoyed with himself for being so flustered for the first time in his life.

"It's nice to meet you, Liam." You say and he shakes your hand. "Do you mind if I take a look at you?" You then ask.

He raises an eyebrow at you and you shake your head chuckling again at this adorable and very handsome guy in front of you. You pick up your ID card, showing him why you're here.

"Oh! Right, yeah, of course." He then says, realising you're a doctor. You were even wearing blue scrubs, now he just felt stupid.

You pick up your stethoscope from your pocket and take it on. Reaching up, you touch him again and he feels his heartbeat quicken. Which you, of course, can hear now, making you smile to yourself while he tries to ignore it and think about anything else than you, to stop his heart from beating out of his chest.

"Try to relax." You tell him and he sighs, trying to control his heartbeat. "Take a few deep breaths for me." You tell him and he does.

Liam then wakes a bit up and starts to look around the area. First for his family, then in awe at your surroundings. Seeing so much green.

"Wow." He breathes out.

"I know." You say and he looks down at you again.

Your gaze wanders over the surrounding once in appreciation, before turning back up at him.

"I find nothing out of the ordinary. Will you be fine? I need to check on the next arrivals." You tell him and he reluctantly nods.

You smile and pat his arm before walking back closer to the portal. He looks after you for a minute before turning to look for his family. He sees Josh and Maddy and goes to them.