A cold - Part 2

"That's a big dog."

(Scene with Jim and Taylor.)

Liam has to stay with you, since you were like a kid right now and would wander off. And Malcolm and Elisabeth have to find a cure, so they can't watch you.

...

Elisabeth and Malcolm were in the room working to find a cure, while Liam still sat at the table watching you, since you were like a kid right now. He had already had to stop you from trying to go and wander off a few times. Trying to keep your attention on the drawings or conversing with you. But you were short in answers and giggly, just like a cute little girl and he was enjoying it a little even though he was also extremely worried about you.

"Malcolm. Look at the DNA sequencing on this blood sample. This isn't a pathogen we're dealing with. Someone in this lab was experimenting with gene therapy."

"No, no. That's impossible. Any research involving genetic manipulation has to be cleared through me." He says.

"Well, then, so, whoever it is, is obviously trying to keep it a secret."

"You're so beautiful." Malcolm then says and Liam frown but still concentrates on you.

"What?" She asks.

"Let's skip class today." He says and moves closer.

"Malcolm, look at me."

"I am looking at you. I can't help but look at you."

"Malcolm. This doesn't feel right, Malcolm, please." Elisabeth says uncomfortably and Liams instincts kick in and he's on his feet turning to them.

Turning around he sees Malcolm trying to lean in to kiss her. He's about to go grab him and pull him away from his mother, who was clearly uncomfortable, also because this guy was trying to kiss his mother who is married. But before he gets the chance Jim had walked in and grabbed him throwing him on the table.

"Jack!" Elisabeth exclaims. "What are you doing? He's been infected!"

"No, I'm fine. I'm fine now!" Malcolm stutters.

Liam and Jim glaring at him.

"I just drifted, but I'm okay." He keeps stuttering.

Jim pulls him up.

"Where are you?" He asks.

"Terra Nova. Research outpost."

"If you can remember that, remember this." He points to Elisabeth. "That's my wife. So keep your hands to yourself."

He then turns to Elisabeth.

"What happened to you?" She asks gently touching the bruise under his eye.

"Uh, I found Taylor. He's infected. He thinks he's in some kind of psi-ops sim back in Somalia. I know he served there. They did some horrible psychological experiments during that war. And if that's the last thing he remembers, then everything he's seeing now doesn't make much sense to him, just like it didn't to Elisabeth when we first found her. He's trying to make his way back to Terra Nova. He'll find it. He's motivated. He thinks his wife's in danger." Jim says.

"Whoa, whoa. If he makes it back to the colony, he'll infect everyone." Malcolm says.

"Which is why we need to warn them, except we can't. Com system went out when we lost power."

"You have to follow him." Malcolm tells him.

"No, no. We have to assume Jacks been infected, too." Elisabeth says.