Teaching an old wolf new tricks

Nova

After my little showdown with everyone, I took a nice, long hot bath. I needed one to decompress and figure out how my life turned to absolute shit. I soaked in the tub, thinking where I went wrong.

All I wanted was to finish high school like a normal person. I wasn't normal by any means, thanks to my dad. The man made me a werewolf. I didn't even know those things existed. I thought they were only in movies or books.

Let me tell you one thing. They get it all wrong. My dad was a horny bastard that humped someone's wife and got the woman pregnant. So, essentially, I resulted from an affair. Great. Is that what I get to look forward to? My mate cheating on me.

Yeah, no. I refuse to deal with a no-good, lying, cheating mate. Mating pact or no mating pact. I won't live with someone who has wandering eyes. They can kiss my sliver hairy ass.

I need to stop thinking about my stupid mate. The more I think, the more I get pissed.

Tomorrow is another day.

*******
Kendall

I headed home after that fiasco. I knew my dad was crazy, but not that crazy. Why would you agree to a mating pact with another pact?

I didn't want to force my mate to accept me. I wanted her to accept me on her own.

I walked into the house and ran into Riley on my way upstairs.

"Where were you?"

"Dealing with Nova."

Riley laughed. "Good luck. That girl hates you."

"You're not helping."

"Why should I help? You blew it when you used Cynthia to make Nova jealous. I don't like Cynthia, but what you did was wrong."

"I know it was wrong."

"Then use your head." Riley pointed at her head. "Kendall, you can't expect your mate to trust you when you pull your stunts. It doesn't work."

"What about you and Ares? Aren't you ever going to forgive him?"

"Nope. He can suck a dick for all I care."

"Riley."

"No, Kendall. I refuse to have a mate that cheats on me with a whore. Ares doesn't understand the meaning of loyalty. I doubt he ever will." Riley walked away.

I trudge up the stairs, thinking about Riley and Ares. They had the perfect mateship until Ares fucked it up with a club girl. The devastation on Riley's face haunted me for weeks. My dad wanted to rip Ares to shreds. It's still tense between Ares's dad and mine in the pack house. And it's not a good combination when Ares's dad is the second in command.

I walked into my en-suite bathroom and took a shower.  I stood under the hot spray to ease the tension in my muscles. Riley and Ares would need to figure out their shit on their own. I had more significant problems to deal with. Her name is Nova.

******
Nova

I got out of the tub once the water turned cold. I need one of those machines that keeps the water warm for a long time. Not a tub full of water that turns ice cold in minutes.

I dried off and tossed on panties, cotton shorts, and a tank top. Unlike most people, I need some clothes but not a lot. Plus, who wants the restriction of tons of clothes? Not me.

I settled into my bed and scrolled through my phone when my door opened, and Aunt Wren popped her head inside.

"Are you okay?"