Insight if that's what you want to call it

Nova

I sat at a table with Tabby when Shirley brought three mugs of coffee to the table and joined us.

"So, you met Shirley," Tabby said.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Shirley has known me since I was a little girl. She and my mother were close friends and looked after me after my mother died."

I glanced between Shirley and Tabby. "Okay. So, you know each other. How is that supposed to help me?"

"You'll understand why Shirley called me after she met you once. I explained a few things."

I'm not sure if I will ever understand anything. One can only hope.

"I grew up in a small town, being sheltered from the realities of the world. I didn't know werewolves existed until I met one."

I stared at Tabby and pursed my lips.

"I left the coffeehouse one night and cut through the woods to get home quicker. That was a mistake when I encountered the biggest wolf I had ever seen."

"Let me guess. You ran like your life depended on it."

"Actually, yes. Would you stay with a massive wolf looking at you like food? I wouldn't. So, I ran. But it was faster and pounced on me. I screamed as it howled. Then, the wolf transformed into a man."

"So, what did you do?"

"I belted the guy for scaring the shit out of me. He didn't like that and threatened to eat me for lunch. I didn't care. You don't corner a woman alone at night in the woods as a guy."

"So, what happened?"

"It turned out the guy was the president of the local MC. You might have heard of him. His name is Cress Heart." Tabby smiled.

I stared at Tabby and blinked. "You're Cress's wife?"

Tabby nodded while smiling.

"And that makes you Kendall's mom."

"And Riley's mother since they're twins."

Why did this feel like a setup?

"But no one knows I'm here."

"What?" I gave Tabby a sideways glance.

"Nova, I understand how strange this existence is. I wasn't born a werewolf."

"But you are one."

Tabby nodded in confirmation. "Cress turned me into one, but not until later. Things were great until Cress kicked me out."

"Say what?" My brows lifted in surprise.

"I told Creas I was pregnant, and the idiot kicked me out. He thought I was trying to trap him. So, I disappeared from his life. But a werewolf pregnancy differs from a human pregnancy. Cress finally realized his mistake and searched for me. For me to carry the babies, he had to turn me into a werewolf. If he didn't, the babies and I would have died."

"Did you forgive him?"

"Hell no, I didn't forgive that asshat! I made him grovel to earn my forgiveness."

"You're much different than I expected."

"You learn not to bend to a man like Cress. Kendall is just like his daddy."

"Why do I feel like you're going to help me?"

"Because I am." Tabby smirked while Shirley smiled.

Interesting.